BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

The thing they could do with unbound Armies is that they could restrict you to using only one codex I think that would "balance" it out. At least you don't have to face Wraith Knights and Riptides.

Who needs Riptides when you can field 8 Wraithknights?

Fortunately most players and indie tournaments will have the common sense to enforce the force organisation chart, but I'm won't get my hopes up for Throne Of Skulls. Also thought I'd share this funny comic regarding the matter.

A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

For Unbound armies that take no troops, they may still only be able to table their opponents- atm, there is nothing saying that units other than troops can now hold objectives, so these lists could find a hard counter in lists with enough troops to soak up the damage from the spam lists and survive.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

And we're yet to discover what the perks for a FoC obeying force are. They could be game changing. We just don't know.

I really do suggest everyone unknots their underwear for now. If at the end of the day you only want to play FoC games, then go for it. Me, I like options. The more options I have, the happier I am.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

As many detachments in a battleforged army as you want is apparently the word

So something like

Heralds + horrors
    Heralds + horrors
    Heralds + horrors
    Heralds + horrors
    Heralds + horrors
    Heralds + horrors

with each as a separate detatchment is a battleforged list
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-06-2014 at 04:26 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

The bird is the word and well we know it.

I'll believe stuff when I sees stuff.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

7th edition: We give up just take whatever and balance it yourself.
    People said the same thing about 6th edition allies. Now look what happened. The community is incapable of policing itself. All it takes is one bad actor in an LGS to start the broken list building escalation and before long, everyone is trying to field their abusive army of choice. This happened at the last couple LGS' that I've played at.

Its funny above where someone said that they've only seen one game of warmachine played 3 years ago at his LGS.

I could almost say the same thing about 40k at my LGS, and the past 3 I've been a part of.

First LGS everyone left 40k for Flames of War
    Second LGS everyone left 40k for Warmachine (the store actually stopped stocking GW product entirely)
    Third LGS everyone left 40k for Star wars random miniatures game #74
    Fourth LGS everyone is in the process of going to warmachine with a spattering of WHFB. The GW stock on the wall has fallen from a healthy selection to pretty much just new releases. Tonight is 40k night and I can actually go. There used to be ~20 people in the shop to play 40k, but now I bet there will probably only be 4 including myself. Warmachine nights on wednesday you need to get there early in order to get a table.

This migration from 40k at each one of these places happened for a different reason. At the third, it was because the price increases and GW stocking policies pissed off the LGS owner so much he didn't support his community anymore. The one I'm a part of now is because everyone just tries to bring the most broken list possible. The silly thing is that they seem to *LIKE* that but its also led them to tell me that they enjoy playing warmachine a lot more than 40k now.

The community wanted more defined rulesets - not less. I think we can all agree. I don't think I read a single comment prior to these leaks that said "I really just wish that they'd do away with the FOC and percentages completely and have normal games of 40k be like apocalypse."

Whatever bonuses that Battleforged get, It'd better be something along the lines of granting a USR of your choice to your entire army or something like that, so when you come up against a wall of Wraithdraketiides you can pick fleshbane, or rending, or skyfire for your WHOLE friggin army.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Dude,

GW already did that....and its hailed because it is balanced.....its called horus heresy
    Amen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And we're yet to discover what the perks for a FoC obeying force are. They could be game changing. We just don't know.

I really do suggest everyone unknots their underwear for now. If at the end of the day you only want to play FoC games, then go for it. Me, I like options. The more options I have, the happier I am.
    I think(/hope) that it will be something significant. Such as a certain amount of free VPs for using a FOC list. For the odd game unbound sounds like it could be fun - an entrenched IF gun line made of dev's, vindicators and thunderfire's sounds pretty fluffy, but for the main stay I imagine I'll stick with my rhino bourne tactical squads. But then I've always felt the humble tactical squad is underrated.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Brother-Captain

I'd like to just point out that we don't know the *full* specifics of what or *how* things will be changed. We've still only got rumors. So why not wait until we've got concrete evidence in our hands before making sweeping judgement about what may or may not happen about something that may or may not be put in the new rulebook?

Also, I'm quite sure - based on that short, short teaser video - that IG are going to be in the new starter set. Woot!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast