BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I cant believe people are excited about this?

Its been 2 years since 6th dropped, thats an insultingly short time to try and drop a new edition on people.

And before you go on about the game and balance, who do you think broke it? They did.

edit: my best hope is that they are re-releasing 6th with the changes added. But I'm not going to think about that too much as it would be the first time GW actually lived up to one of my hopes
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

I feel like I want to be credited for the money I spent on that new hard cover mini rule book they put out less than a year ago.

Librarian

I agree im hoping this will be an update and not something that requires a new purchase thankfully i got my 6th edition book at half off due to their poor sales at one of my local stores but a looming 60-80 dollar purchase wont be welcome in place of my desire to get a few taurox primes soon

Chapter-Master

for me, it wont be a purchase, not this time. If I do get it it will be from a mate
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

Its been 2 years since 6th dropped, thats an insultingly short time to try and drop a new edition on people.

And before you go on about the game and balance, who do you think broke it? They did.

edit: my best hope is that they are re-releasing 6th with the changes added. But I'm not going to think about that too much as it would be the first time GW actually lived up to one of my hopes
    Thing is, are they coming up with a new Edition or are they forcing individuals who want the rulebook to get the digital version?

Hardback rulebook cost them money to produce.

Digital version is far cheaper since there are no printing costs.

GW wants to cut costs and getting rid of the Printing Costs of the Hardback Rulebook will be a huge savings for them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    Thing is, are they coming up with a new Edition or are they forcing individuals who want the rulebook to get the digital version?

Hardback rulebook cost them money to produce.

Digital version is far cheaper since there are no printing costs.

GW wants to cut costs and getting rid of the Printing Costs of the Hardback Rulebook will be a huge savings for them.
    The signs are pointing at a new edition.

we're getting word that the infamous tagline, No peace, no respite, only war. is being used again, specifically (no time for peace...) and that has historically been the herald of a new edition.

as I said, I hope its not, I really want it to be just a new version of the rule book but the cynic in me thinks otherwise

My Dark Eldar want to know if they can get assaulting out of reserves back, pretty please?

I really only care about the new edition if the rumored starter set is true. New pushfit Ork models are always welcome, especially if they're meganobz!

I just don't think 6th has been around long enough, I'll be massively upset if they do change it.

That been said I think there is just too much smoke here for there to be no fire.

Things I can see changing:

Assault consolidate into assault
    D12 Psychic powers per set (sell more cards)
    Lords of War & Strong Hold Assault added
    New Missions

Saltier stuff...
    Allies being changed somehow, perhaps Battle Bros nerf or boost (ICs allowed in allied Transports?)
    FOC being changed somehow
    Walkers to get something extra
    Pistols to use AP in CC (this would make Dante and BA ridiculous again)
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

I know what you mean, on the one hand I am excited, new stuff! On the other it's been two years.
    To put it into perspective, one of my mates has managed one game under 6th, that was last night...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Personally, I don't like the idea of having to buy another friggen BRB just because GW want's to make a bundle of fast cash by printing "new" copies of a more "up to date" rulebook. I'll wait to see if the new starter set includes a rulebook that contains all the new additions to whatever they make.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast