BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Crydon Games View Post
    What is it about the Eldar that motivates you? Models? Fluff? Extremely powerful codexes/codecies in nearly every edition?

In any case, please tell me what it is that you love about them.
    I like that they were free. Found an old box with 30+ old metal guardians, half a dozen jetbikes, some swooping hawks, fire dragons, a couple of wraithlords and a war walker, among other things. I'd thought they looked neat back in the day when the aspect warrior article appeared in WD, but never had much of an interest in building an army. Now, 20 odd years on I'm really enjoying working with the lead again and converting or scratch building bits that are missing.

The 'Oh it's an Autarch' excuse covers a myriad of sins.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chaplain

When I first bought into WH40k, it was 2nd Ed boxed set for my boys who both wanted to be marines so I took on the Orks. Then when the last Ork codex butchered my Ork mob set up I decided to choose an army for myself. I remembered the first WH40k picture I ever saw. It was a vyper flying over an industrial sight and I did not know it was not human. Then when I decided on the change I thought back to that picture and went back to Eldar. Better WS & BS make up for the lower toughness. At the time Scorpions could match it with SM and Banshees had better odds carving them up. So I was confident of taking on anything.

As for the lads looking for motivation, think again and see if it is inspiration you need. I find I can't paint a figure or unit unless I have it in my head what they will look like. I took me 5 years to paint an Avatar and that was after I had pinned him together. I am now painting a Wraith Seer I bought 18 months ago because I settled on the image 2 months ago and had to scratch build his spear haft because the resin one was warped out of shape too badly. Definitely get the image then feel the excitement as it develops in front of you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123