Thread: Sw faq

Chaplain

Default Sw faq

Up on GW site;

Multiple JOTWW legal
    T5 TWolf HQ/Indies
    etc.

Brother-Captain

Some very interesting choices there . . .

Furious charge is activated on a counter-assault.

Njal's tempest has no effect if the Space Wolves player goes second 0_o.

Logan Grimnar can benefit from his special rule "The High King" even if he is arriving from reserves.

Saga of the Iron Wolf allows a vehicle to move 6+d3 inches and fire as if it moved 6".
    Last edited by Lerra; 01-07-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Chaplain

Huge impact across the game on furious charge for counter-attack, and no defensive grenades vs. counter-attack.

Guys i hate to ask this but can you post the faq here im at work for the next 12 hours and cannot view gw's website.. damn IT people

if not ill wait till i get home

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Some very interesting choices there . . .

Furious charge is activated on a counter-assault.

Njal's tempest has no effect if the Space Wolves player goes second 0_o.

Logan Grimnar can benefit from his special rule "The High King" even if he is arriving from reserves.

Saga of the Iron Wolf allows a vehicle to move 6+d3 inches and fire as if it moved 6".
    I am curious as to what they are thinking about njals tempest not workingif he goes second.. a model that cost 240 minimum and it doesnt work if he goes second what is up with that ?

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    Huge impact across the game on furious charge for counter-attack, and no defensive grenades vs. counter-attack.
    Certainly. It's buffed the already good Tervigons before their codex even came out! I really don't like this ruling though, it doesn't seem very well thought out as I doubt anyone at GW considered this combination when pricing units that could benefit from it.

Defensive grenades negating counter-assault never made sense to me though, so that's good.

I think that answer is really just clarifying that yes, they meant what they wrote. The RAW answer is that neither Driving Gale nor Living Hurricane affect an opponent if the space wolves player goes second. I read the FAQ answer as just saying that the RAW answer is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Madjob View Post
    Certainly. It's buffed the already good Tervigons before their codex even came out! I really don't like this ruling though, it doesn't seem very well thought out as I doubt anyone at GW considered this combination when pricing units that could benefit from it.
    Maybe not, but how would we know? Tervigons are clearly something GW is trying to sell, after all; if this is how folks have been playing at the Studio for who knows how long, it isn't that hard to imagine Cruddace saying, "Hmmmm, what else would make people take Tervigons? I know ..."

Either way, I never really liked the logic of the contrary position, which depends on "exactly as if they had assaulted" not being the same thing as assaulting. I see the game balance point, but grammatically, I found that position really hard to swallow.

Occuli Imperator

I don't really like that ruling, but it is what it is.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Maybe not, but how would we know? Tervigons are clearly something GW is trying to sell, after all; if this is how folks have been playing at the Studio for who knows how long, it isn't that hard to imagine Cruddace saying, "Hmmmm, what else would make people take Tervigons? I know ..."

Either way, I never really liked the logic of the contrary position, which depends on "exactly as if they had assaulted" not being the same thing as assaulting. I see the game balance point, but grammatically, I found that position really hard to swallow.
    That's what happens when you take those few words out of context. The "exactly as if they had assaulted" was quite clear to me in that it simply refers to the previous half of the statement concerning the bonus attacks. The assaulting unit doesn't react as a defender, they don't use their defensive grenades, the counter-assaulters don't strike at I1 if they were the ones who charged through any difficult terrain, so why would they benefit from Furious Charge?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast