BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default 5Ed expectations

Given whats already out and rumours of what is yet to come, what do you expect your army to get?

Other than grenades as standard, dont really know what to expect for mine. Maybe a bunch of new rules or a thorough reworking of those that it has.

I really dont have any expectations for my LatD though.

Chaplain

Did this thread fall through the time vortex from 2008?
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    Did this thread fall through the time vortex from 2008?
    with big brass nobs on!

Brother-Captain

I am guessing what he meant to ask was, "For those who don't have 5th edition codices yet, what do you expect to get when yours is updated?"

For Dark Angels, I would guess something like this:

Troops are expanded to tactical squads, deathwing terminator squads, and ravenwing bike squads. Belial is turned into a 220-point mega-HQ. Deathwing terminator squads are priced and equipped similarily to what's in the Space Wolves codex. Mortis Pattern Dreadnoughts are added to the codex. Both Tactical marines and Terminators can take 2 heavy weapons per 10 models.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Troops are expanded to tactical squads, deathwing terminator squads, and ravenwing bike squads. Belial is turned into a 220-point mega-HQ. Deathwing terminator squads are priced and equipped similarily to what's in the Space Wolves codex. Mortis Pattern Dreadnoughts are added to the codex. Both Tactical marines and Terminators can take 2 heavy weapons per 10 models.
    Be realistic. GW will find a way to make DA worse, they've been doing it since 3rd and they're getting pretty good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    I am guessing what he meant to ask was, "For those who don't have 5th edition codices yet, what do you expect to get when yours is updated?"
    That is basically what I said. Not my fault the Londoner cant read proper.

For Dark Angels, I would guess something like this:

Dont see their old love of plasma coming back then?

Abbess Sanctorum

Based on the 2010 models thread, assuming that's somewhat truthful:

1: A new elites unit, with twin storm bolters. Possibly a Sisters equivalent to Terminators?
    2: Ecclesiarchal units return from second edition. Priests, preachers, confessors.
    3: Repentia rebalanced to make them not suck, possibly overbalanced so they still suck or are overpowered.
    4: Several new named characters.
    5: Rebalanced Sarissas so that they are actually taken and possibly modeled.*
    6: Frag grenades / bolt pistols on most models.
    7: Simplified, but not removed, Acts of Faith (they aren't too different from the Orders system, just need tweaking)
    8: Celestians given actual close combat equipment to go with their close combat ability (possibly linked with Sarissas).
    9: Retributors given new equipment to make them actually useful.
    10: Penitent Engines and Arco-Flagellants rebalanced or repriced to make them actually useful.

*I hope anyway. Sarissas are a big part of the Sororitas fighting style in the Cain series and in Dark Heresy.*

My IDEAL codex for 5th edition Adepta Sororitas is something that is an ongoing project of mine, which is almost finished for that matter.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That is basically what I said. Not my fault the Londoner cant read proper.
    As long as he isn't a Chelsea fan I can let it slide.

Well, even though there is already a whole thread about what is coming from the Blood Angels in March I would like to see:
    Rhinos as assault vehicles
    All Blood Angel Vehicles count as fast.
    Corbulo gives the entire army Furious assault
    Assault Marines can take 2 assault weapons if they are 10 men.

Other goodies.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Dont see their old love of plasma coming back then?
    : (

I don't even want Dark Angels to be good anymore. I just want GW to staunch the flow of suck.

Honestly though, I'm curious as to what will set them apart. They're not even that different from codex marines. I really want to see Deathwing and Ravenwing seperated somehow from their SM equivalents.
    Because, you know. I want my army to be a special little snowflake.

From a fluff standpoint, what does set them apart on the battlefield? The Deathwing and Ravenwing I get, but for the rest of the chapter ... what's distinctive about the third through ninth companies? Is it just plasma?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast