BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tyranid Codex

the reason they cant assault is casue htey have a rule called living bomb which states taht htey only move during the tyranid movement phase that is all, they have no stat lines at all adn they have no mind at all, so they just float around adn explode if they get shot at.

I started a thread in the rules forum about spore mines, didn't mean to derail this thread. Since Tyranids are about to be officially published and not rumors, prolly better to post there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    What do you mean they don't have an attack profile? The stats are zeros or ones, and they have no save at all, but that is a profile.

It's just an absolutely terrible profile.

Seems to me they can assault, which they will promptly lose, and when they lose a wound they pop.

their profile is ws, bs, sv, a, at - and then str, t, w, a, i,ld at 1

they can not assault cause htey do can not move, they have a rule for living bomb where they only move during teh movement phase and they are mindless so they can not assault anything. also they can not assault cause they dont have a WS, adn htey cant run cause htey dont have a base movement.

Quote Originally Posted by nidz View Post
    they can not assault cause htey do can not move, they have a rule for living bomb where they only move during teh movement phase and they are mindless so they can not assault anything. also they can not assault cause they dont have a WS, adn htey cant run cause htey dont have a base movement.
    I don't try to offend you NIDZ, but you sound like you have never actually seen the dex...

mines can not run, because it is explicitely stated in the living bomb rule, that they can not.

Besides that the LB rule says that mines have this random movement in the movementphase, but it does NOT say that this is the only movement for them (it does not state that the mines may not make an assault move!)

It is not said that they cannot attack due to a lack of intelligence or something (this was in the old dex, i guess).

BUT i think they can not attack because their WS and A is - (like NIDZ said).
    There are people that say they can; it all depends on how you read the "Zero-Level characteristics" part on page 7 of the book.

I was going to reply to you shadowtyrant but go to the rules section and we can discuss it there. Lets leave this for rumours till tomorrow, when I guess this thread will be locked.

The codex also doesn't explicitly state that spore mines can rise up on the roll of a 4+, soar above the battelfield, explode and rain down a torrent of angry kittens onto your enemy causing instant win of the game.

It's amazing the kind of stuff people will try and get away with!

First-Captain

really deej? assult comes as standard to all infantry, unless otherwise stated. flying kittens doesnt. As such unless saying they cannot assult then they can assult.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910