BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tyranid Codex

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    Regeneration is rolled at the Start of The Bug Player's Turn IF THE MODEL IS STILL ALIVE and for each wound you took roll 1d6 and on a 6 that wound is restored and cost a quater for the Fex making in More expensive then all but 1 Leman Russ

Tryant, Tervigon, Carnifex, Tyrandi Prime, Harpy, and Trygon, Mawloc and Tyrannofex all can get it
    I am quite surprised that the hive tyrant/swarmlord can't have it...
    I just got the codex today and i'm lovin it!

Veteran-Sergeant

Tyrants can have regen

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    Tyrants can have regen
    Ah yes... (note to self, read codex properly next time before posting!)

A bit OT - is there anywhere in London willing to sell it before the street date?

ok ive sat down and read the codex since last friday, it seems that gw took away alot of options on certain troops, removed move through cover as a universal rule gave it to certain troops, and also seems they got rid of frag grenades on most guys, it seems that gw made this codex a lil strange considering if u take a termagaunt squad u can then take a tervigon which is a monsterous creature hq choice, as a troop choice then, the tervigon is the one that makes the termagaunt babies also, so that seemed rather weird to me, but im curious what you all think of this so far.

I like it. Six wound MC troop choice with regen? Yes, please. Oh, you mean it can also spit out troop choices as well? That's swell. Sure it can't spit them out more than once or twice, but if you wait until turn 4 or 5, that's game over, assuming it hasn't been killed. The only nerf is the lack of eternal warrior, but I'm okay with that, to be honest. Little bugs dropped in price, big bugs got more expensive, that's about a wash. Stealers became awesome, no matter which way you take them.

As far as the move thru cover dealio, Monstrous Creatures come with it by virtue of being Monstrous Creatures, and the little assaulty guys come with it, so that's a-okay by me.

It appears that Spore Pods can assault, RAW-wise. While I don't think that is intended, it will be fun until they FAQ it.

Shooting is still good. Armor 10 and 11 will fear devourer with brainleech worms.

Quote Originally Posted by pelmen78 View Post
    It appears that Spore Pods can assault, RAW-wise. While I don't think that is intended, it will be fun until they FAQ it.
    Take a closer look at their Immobile rule. They can't move under any circumstances. This doesn't stop enemies from assaulting it, however, and it can fight back in an assault, it just can't consolidate or sweep if it wins.

On another note, boy did the Tyrant Guard get useless. At first I thought they had been nerfed to only provide the Tyrant protection from shooting. Upon closer inspection, since the Tyrant joins the unit as an Independent Character but does not lose his status as a Monstrous Creature attached to a squad that isn't composed of Monstrous Creatures, he can still be singled out by shooting attacks.

So what is the point of them now? To help out in CC a little bit? To go crazy when they fail to do exactly what they were engineered to do?

Brother-Sergeant

For those in the Austin area, Rogue's Gallery in Round Rock is supposed to get their new nids and codex shipment in today. They've already sold the store preview copy, and I just bought the Trygon model in the box that they had for Demo. Not sure if anywhere else is selling today or not.

Also, in regards to the TG nerf listed above, I assume that means the retinue status is gone?

Scratch the Rogue's Gallery thing. Their shipment was delayed. Should be 1/15 now.
    Last edited by Crotch Lictor; 01-14-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Update
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.

Chaplain

I know broodlord is unit upgrade but on GW website it says alternative HQ choice. Does that mean that the actual model can be used as a different HQ or not?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

If I am understanding the rule for the Tyrant Guards, the Hive Tyrand can join the HG 'as if he was an IC' but since he is not an IC he can't be picked off in shooting or CC. The wounds will spread.

Please tell me or show me where it says the HT is an IC. Since he is not an IC he can't be picked out in CC. He just joins a group of HG as if he was an IC. And since he is not an IC he can't join anyother group. So the only thing that the HT is like to an IC is that he can join the HG but that's it. Now that he is in a squad or brood with different stats, the wounds can be allocated to the HG if the player wishes.

Please bear with me, I am still learning the rules as a newbie, but this is the way I read it in the 5th edtion rules, so if I made a mistake please tell me the page number so I can reread the rules again.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast