BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I like the sound of this landspeeder. I think a unit of jetbikes and a few landspeeders will definitely make it into my army if they are in the codex. Plus some storm ravens (I luckily have some Valkyries that I can scrap and convert using that latest Bols article tutorial, as well as plenty of plasticard skillz), and new GKs and GKTs, for the extra poses.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I deeply hate the design of the landspeeders, but a closed off version that ressembles a Valkyrie/Lightning would be fantastic. I hope this unit will have a model, but I'm afraid this will be the GK version of the Tervigon/Thunderwolf Cavalry.

Chapter-Master

Incidentally, Stickymonkey expanded on the Landspeeder he saw. Apparently, it had something like a Str 5, Heavy 6 Twin Linked gun.

However, he also heavily salted his own rumor in this case, stating that he wasn't certain that the vehicle had even made it past the early design stages.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I just heard from a friend who heard from someone she knows in GW* that GW is going to surprise us with Codex: SoB late this year or early next. Someone on Warseer posted something similar yesterday evening. I must say I don't believe this for a moment. I only report it here just on the off chance it comes to pass, and because I've had it from two different sources.
    I think this has more to do with surprise at the new Daemons wave and the assumption that we are in for more surprises than any real possibility.

*Who doesn't make things up, but has never furnished a rumour accurate or otherwise until now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

I agree with you eldargal - I don't think that is true.

After an interesting talk with a fairly senior GW manager at the weekend, I am almost certain that Grey Knights alone will be in the codex, and that the release is around August. He could not say anything either way, but only hinted, so it's still not definite, but I am 90% sure.

Not believable one bit, yeah. If SoB were this close we'd be hearing about it; instead it's full-on GK and DE with Necrons somewhat trailing behind.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalyar View Post
    Not believable one bit, yeah. If SoB were this close we'd be hearing about it; instead it's full-on GK and DE with Necrons somewhat trailing behind.
    But remember, Daemons kind of came out and blind sided some people... At least it did so me, and I thought I was paying enough attention to catch those rumours a bit earlier...

All it means is that GW is capable of tossing a curve ball, or throwing up a smoke screen from time to time...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    But remember, Daemons kind of came out and blind sided some people... At least it did so me, and I thought I was paying enough attention to catch those rumours a bit earlier...

All it means is that GW is capable of tossing a curve ball, or throwing up a smoke screen from time to time...
    All it is, is some minis, nothing big. I wouldn't worry about the curve ball GW is throwing. It's just a waste of thier energy to keep us internet people out of the loop. It's like they get some kicks or something.

If they are trying to throw us a curve ball or whatever, it dosn't make any difference to us. What did it accomplish that they are releasing Deamon modles instead of a GK or DE? Maybe Deamons was planned all this time and were able to keep it very quiet. No biggie. I am loosing interest in GW so what ever little bit they let out, I can't get hyped for, like I did for Tyranids. I think it stopped at tyranids, because when BA was announced, I went Meh, oh well. So I guess when GK or DE does finally get announced, it most likely will be meh now. My enthuesasim is not there as it once was. GW accomplished their goal, by not letting us have rumours, nothing to get excited for anymore.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Kiss GK-in-2010 goodbye it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Well I can add my voice to the chorus if it helps.
    I have been sure DE are coming in the autumn for a while BUT I was not sure what was next because I didn't know if GW were going to sneak in a cheeky Grey Knight codex in the summer. That appears increasingly less likely.

Abbess Sanctorum

Actually it says in the summer, not in 2010.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast