BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Daemonhunters and Witch hunters codex

I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought i'd let people know that after querying an order with GW I was informed that the Codex Daemon hunters and Codex Witch Hunters have both been discontinued with no due date for a reprint. Neither are available of the UK GW site now.

hm... they are out of stock and aren´t reprinted. does this mean, an new codex ist on the way (even if its a long way) or does this mean, the inquisition is dropped?

Librarian

I'm going to be all "glass is half full" on this one and take it to mean the arrival of new a codex or multiple books for some combination of Sororitas, Grey Knights and / or Inquisition is sooner rather than later.

Chances are the glass is actually half empty though...
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Chaplain

as much as id like to see a new dex for my sisters soon, i doubt this a precursor for it happening though. all other rumours suggest 2011 earliest, and likely later. when i started 40k 5 years ago, they told me they were workin on a new witch hunters dex then, and ive been waiting since, and ill prolly be waiting when i die. its no prob though, as fortunately i love the models, and i just ignore inq. units in the current dex.

im going to put my *** on the line and call it:

codex: inquisition july 2010 (nt official /estimate)
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 01-08-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Readon View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought i'd let people know that after querying an order with GW I was informed that the Codex Daemon hunters and Codex Witch Hunters have both been discontinued with no due date for a reprint. Neither are available of the UK GW site now.
    I know on the US site they removed the Battle Sisters Squad box from the troop section. I don't think itmeans much, but in the past GW has removed codices and battleboxes a few months before the new release. I don't think that is happening here, but it's certainly odd. They are probably just moving a few things around on thier webservers and there were a few mistakes as its probably way to early to expect a new codex and plastic sisters.

the sites aren't different btw except for the language.

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    the sites aren't different btw except for the language.
    Normally I'd say thats true, but the US site is still showing the WH codex whereas the UK has both gone. I wonder what that means in the real scheme of things. I'm not getting my hopes up though

Abbess Sanctorum

You mean just like other old codices are discontinued when a new version is going to be released?

I look forward to the Sisters of Battle / Ecclesiarchy codex.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by sebi81 View Post
    hm... they are out of stock and aren´t reprinted. does this mean, an new codex ist on the way (even if its a long way) or does this mean, the inquisition is dropped?
    Current rumors indicate that a new codex/codices are most definitely on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryl View Post
    I'm going to be all "glass is half full" on this one and take it to mean the arrival of new a codex or multiple books for some combination of Sororitas, Grey Knights and / or Inquisition is sooner rather than later.

Chances are the glass is actually half empty though...
    Half full. All current indication is that there will be a new codex in a year or two, and as Melissia pointed out, removing old stuff early is standard GW procedure.

In all probability, the DH and WH codices are fairly poor sellers, so GW probably currently has enough backstock to last the year or so until the new codices come out, so they can stop printing earlier than they would with another army.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast