BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Current rumors indicate that a new codex/codices are most definitely on the way.

Half full. All current indication is that there will be a new codex in a year or two, and as Melissia pointed out, removing old stuff early is standard GW procedure.

In all probability, the DH and WH codices are fairly poor sellers, so GW probably currently has enough backstock to last the year or so until the new codices come out, so they can stop printing earlier than they would with another army.
    Thats all true, but we usually see a removal maybe 3 or 4 months out from such an event. I think I can reasonably certain that GW is not putting out any type of Inquisition/WH/DH ciodex in that time frame.

I'd be pleased if they did however. If they still had a decent stock however, why remove it from being ordered at all? That makes no sense to me. That and it hasn't been removed from the US site, just the troops box and that hasn't been removed fully yet since it pops up in the also featured products.
    Last edited by andrewm9; 01-08-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Who knows, maybe we will be getting WH and DW in a few months. I was just checking out some posts on Warseer and a few people, Harry and Starlight, I believe, were saying ( I can't remember who said what, so I am saying these words are either Harry or Starlight, but not shure who said what) " that nobody has really gotten the correct release sceduele yet" and "we will be surprised, happy and excited to what will actually be released in 2010.

So who knows what wil be really released. I don't think they will be released in a few months, and would be shocked if it is, but nothing will really surprise me anymore. I just can't figure out GW anymore and I give up trying to give them out now

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    im going to put my *** on the line and call it:

codex: inquisition july 2010 (nt official /estimate)
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    I look forward to the Sisters of Battle / Ecclesiarchy codex.
    I'd love to share your optimism.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
    Thats all true, but we usually see a removal maybe 3 or 4 months out from such an event. I think I can reasonably certain that GW is not putting out any type of Inquisition/WH/DH ciodex in that time frame.

I'd be pleased if they did however. If they still had a decent stock however, why remove it from being ordered at all? That makes no sense to me. That and it hasn't been removed from the US site, just the troops box and that hasn't been removed fully yet since it pops up in the also featured products.
    That's why I mentioned DH/WH codices being poor sellers. GW probably has a sufficient backstock of them to last them for a lot longer than 3-4 months, simply because they don't sell that many codices. I could be wrong, and maybe they're farther along than we know or something, but I certainly don't take anything here as bad news.

And if Grey Knights did somehow turn out to be the "other half of the story" or something, that'd be amazing!
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Could also be a double bluff on GW's part. Take them down to make us think they are dropping them/revamping them, then BAM! They do the opposite...

Either way, it would be nice to just get some official word on them. With almost every other codex, an update is more or less expected without it being said (DE excluded, obviously).
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Could also be a double bluff on GW's part. Take them down to make us think they are dropping them/revamping them, then BAM! They do the opposite...

Either way, it would be nice to just get some official word on them. With almost every other codex, an update is more or less expected without it being said (DE excluded, obviously).
    What is the point of doing a double bluff? Too me that is like, "Ha Ha, you sucker got it wrong!" Well you just don't do that to your customer base. If you to make me look foolish that way, why should I bother buying things from GW then? Maybe I just take things to personally sometimes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    What is the point of doing a double bluff? Too me that is like, "Ha Ha, you sucker got it wrong!" Well you just don't do that to your customer base. If you to make me look foolish that way, why should I bother buying things from GW then? Maybe I just take things to personally sometimes.
    In a sense, though, that is what they have been doing for some time, beginning with the idea of doing a Codex for each Ordo of the Inquisition. They followed it up by canceling Xenos, then started a rumour about an Inquisition book, then recanted, and now hinting at a revamped model range, and potentially new books, while discontinuing certain aspects of the product range.

Let us face it, GW has two hands, and both are making different gestures without coordinating with the other. It seems the only consistent information we can get out them is regarding their glory boys...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Artein View Post
    I'd love to share your optimism.
    I base my optimism off of the models planned for release, which suggested a preacher, a priest, a confessor, and varied Sororitas models.

Such variety wouldn't be in an Inquisition codex, but it WOULD be in a Sisters codex.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Some of the recent rumors are about as good as official as we'll get until the codices are only a couple months out. It was an actual GW employee, who had been authorized to release certain things (but forbidden from talking about others).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast