BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

I trust the model release rumors more than the other ones though. The model release rumors make more sense and are supported by what we already know they're going to release for other armies anyway. And they indicate a Sisters + Ecclesiarchy codex, rather than an Inquisition codex. And yes, I do believe GW is incapable of doing both at the same time. Just look at how much the Ecclesiarchy was removed from C:WH when they combined just ONE aspect of the inquisition with the Sisters-- how much more do you think we have to lose if they combine MORE bull****?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Some of the recent rumors are about as good as official as we'll get until the codices are only a couple months out. It was an actual GW employee, who had been authorized to release certain things (but forbidden from talking about others).
    It may just be my cynical nature, but I have long since taken GW's impression of 'official' with a generous dose of salt. They flip flop all the time, and spread so much misdirection, I sometimes wonder if they even know what is going on. Of course, having said that, I would love to eat my words and see these wonderful new models/books come to bear, especially if plastic sisters end up being amongst them.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    It may just be my cynical nature, but I have long since taken GW's impression of 'official' with a generous dose of salt. They flip flop all the time, and spread so much misdirection, I sometimes wonder if they even know what is going on. Of course, having said that, I would love to eat my words and see these wonderful new models/books come to bear, especially if plastic sisters end up being amongst them.
    My point was we're not going to get anything better than this, so we might as well live with it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    My point was we're not going to get anything better than this, so we might as well live with it.
    Upon second reading, I can see that. An unfortunate truth, which we seem to be forced to make due with. I guess we all cannot be traditional Space Marines...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Upon second reading, I can see that. An unfortunate truth, which we seem to be forced to make due with. I guess we all cannot be traditional Space Marines...
    I wish Grey Knights got treated like traditional Space Marines. We'd at least be middle of the road competitively, if not better.

In fact, I wish Grey Knights got treated like Space Wolves. Ignored for a while, then an awesome new codex.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    You mean just like other old codices are discontinued when a new version is going to be released?

I look forward to the Sisters of Battle / Ecclesiarchy codex.
    Faultie and Melissia completely agree on an issue! Full story tonight at 11.

Chaplain

all sisters players agree on this issue

Default A Theory, that's probably cropped up before, and won't be popular.

So I know this won't be a popular one but with just about anyone. Yet what if the rumors meshed up correctly that Sisters might show up in some kind of Templars/Ecclesiarchy codex?

This would suck for both armies, but aesthetically and to a certain extent in-world, they mesh. And given the overall hostile feelings toward a WH/DH mashup, this might be a least worst option if the SoBs don't get a Codex of their own.

So, I'm sure this has been thought before, and my feeling towards the theory isn't entirely negative (about 95% negative). Everyone else feel revolted by the idea?

On a side note, It recently occurred to me as I typed this that a new SoB army could/would/should have the texture point of accessing the SM vehicle STCs but at lower cost from BS3. Just imagine a 65 point base predator...and that's not even to start on the discounts that a BS3 LRC might accrue (while having Twinlink make up for most of it).

Chaplain

We Templars are pricks. We won't work with anybody who isn't Imperial / Crimson Fist unless we have to.

It is rare to see us stoop low enough to aid others.

On the other hand, maybe the Sisters are offering something the Templars cannot get from their Battle Brothers...

Abbess Sanctorum

Which would obviously be a reference to exorcists, because both parties are too religious to do what the obvious answer is.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast