BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Lightbulb Could be on to something 1850 Tau

Hi while playing around with Battlescribe, I made this list. I am now thinking of playing it. Could this be competitive? What do you think?

HQ

Cadre FireBlade 60

Troops

6 fire warriors with Devilfish with SMS and 2 seeker missiles. 160

Elites

Riptide Ion Accelerator, twin linked fusion blast, Early warning override, velocity tracker. 210

Riptide Ion Accelerator, twin linked fusion blast, Early warning override, velocity tracker. 210

Fast Attack

2 Piranha fusion blaster 100

Piranha fusion blaster 50

Piranha fusion blaster 50

1850 on the nose.
    Tau'va

Brother-Captain

Seriously. If I had to face someone who put this army on the table top, I'd play them - but only after one swift kick to the balls.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Seriously. If I had to face someone who put this army on the table top, I'd play them - but only after one swift kick to the balls.
    And I would gracefully accept the kick.

Thank you
    Tau'va

Brother-Captain

You aren't actually likely to cause a huge amount of damage without markerlights. The BS3 across the army will hamper it. Also it will be exceedingly boring to play.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    You aren't actually likely to cause a huge amount of damage without markerlights. The BS3 across the army will hamper it. Also it will be exceedingly boring to play.
    Bs 3 is always a problem. I will say that most competitive games are not fun just by their nature. If I'm playing for fun, the first thing I kick is RIPTIDES. I don't like the current arms race going on in 40k. Me and the players from my club are currently doing 1250 point battles with no vehicles, walkers or monster creatures. Now they are good fun.

And yes it is very boring. I almost fell asleep making the list :-)
    Tau'va

Brother-Captain

As a veteran IG player I have to say that I'm personally not afraid of BS3. I think too many people have spent way too long playing as Space Marines or other variations of those statlines that are based around the number four. You might not hit quite as often, but usually that's not a problem when you have overwhelming firepower of one kind or another.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

As a veteran IG player I have to say that I'm personally not afraid of BS3. I think too many people have spent way too long playing as Space Marines or other variations of those statlines that are based around the number four. You might not hit quite as often, but usually that's not a problem when you have overwhelming firepower of one kind or another.
    I agree if you have enough shots you'll be fine. No body likes getting in range of some rapid fire.

Im play testing the list against Necrons tomorrow. Ill let you know how is goes.
    Tau'va

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by TauBoss View Post
    I agree if you have enough shots you'll be fine. No body likes getting in range of some rapid fire.

Im play testing the list against Necrons tomorrow. Ill let you know how is goes.
    Yeah. And even basic Tau guns hurt when they hit so you don't need as many shots as a BS 3 Guardsman to do damage.

Brother-Captain

I agree, I play Tyranids a lot, but Tyranids and Guard have the numbers to make up for it, Tau don't. It's amazing how much difference 2 more inches of scatter per shot makes.

Brother-Captain

I agree, I play Tyranids a lot, but Tyranids and Guard have the numbers to make up for it, Tau don't.
    To a degree...but there are ways to make up for that. Drone squadrons maxed out being a nice force multiplier in the short-range game. Assault 2 & Pinning is nothing to laugh at at 18". Just sayin'.

It's amazing how much difference 2 more inches of scatter per shot makes.
    Indeed. I think that is perhaps one of the biggest advantages the Tau got this edition - regardless of the Riptide or other shenanigans - that extra 2" opened up the field for a lot of fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast