BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Other games you want to or actually play

Hi guys...

I was a former player of 40k, for many reasosns i decided not to continue with them, even though i still buy some of the codexes and many BL books just because of the fluff... so i decided to go into new waters in different settings... this is what i am building (and yes repinting as well) to play

Playing now:

At-43....(ohh let the wrath of the righteous fall on me) I have three complete forces as with the released minis now... Therians, Red BLok and Cogs... my Therians are completely repainted... while the other two i am starting to tests some colors...

Warcanto/Dwarf Tales is a skirmish game with a drop of RPG in heroe building -- extremely fun to choose abilities to create your own special charatcer-- it is for those interested in fantasy... Dwarf Tales is a "new" polish company, the setting is good (finally the elves are not the über ones, the dwarves are in this setting the best) its failry similar to other fantasy settings and the rules seem very good, the evil-dwarves greens and artwork are sweet

Those that i am interested in playing

Malifaux... Got the book and loving it.. the card system is appealing as it resource management not rolling party... the minis are known by many and are as nice as allways. Skirmish game Steampunk/western... Zombies and Gunslingers and sort of deamons.... NICE... They have a similar idea about the AoR from infinity but with a few twists, they call it

Infinity.... resisting the pull with all my might although i have the rulebooks... minis are fantastic and rules are super.... unfortunately no one plays arround me...

So what else do you play.... ?

I am getting back into Battletech. This is what first got me into war gaming on the tabletop, or the floor back then
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

I, on the other hand, am getting INTO Battletech, no 'back' involved.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    I am getting back into Battletech. This is what first got me into war gaming on the tabletop, or the floor back then
    I have never stopped playng Battletech (formerly Batleroids before Lucasfilm sued Fasa).

I used to collect Debelicas Antiquitas DBA, Blood Bowl, Judge Dredd Role Play, HeroQuest, Samurai Swords/Shogun, and so many small board games. I got rid of evcerything except the Battletech in '95.

I have transgressed/sinned yes, I have been pulled back into Warhammer 40k. Thankfully I have chosen the side of Chaos, and not been a complete puppet to the Imperial Dogma. LOL

Pity that none of you live in Sydney, Australia I could organise a game.

Chaplain

honestly i like 40K for the modeling more than anything. i mean i enjoy the game but it's a lot of work to set up and tear down and i am feeling can get slightly repetitive. not to mention some of my guys are falling off the bandwagon. So i got into board games and am loving it. I really want to play Dystopian Wars and dust off my Battletech, but the two guys who are consistent on our gaming night are not interested in anything but 40K. I can respect that and all but i'd like to switch it up and not just to fantasy, but different game mechanics and fluff all together.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Veteran-Sergeant

ATM im enjoying epic 40k and inquisitor, but its very hard to get games for inqis. im still very much a GW fan boy.....have toyed with warmachine but its.............different.
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Librarian

Inquisitor is a great game, but it's short - for my friends who never played a tabletop RPG before, I merely had them play a few games so I could gently nudge them into Dark Heresy/Deathwatch - Deathwatch, by the way, oh wow, really fun. It's great to GM, and you can really see just how powerful marines are with the Hordes rule.

Plus, always great when the Blood Angel and Dark Angel in the group are at each other's throats. :P
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Veteran-Sergeant

Deathwatch I think I will look out for the rulebook and give it a try.
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Librarian

You won't regret it, they really made the distinctions between the Chapters clear for anyone with half a brain, and the demeanours are a great tool for GMs.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Brother-Captain

I've mainly been into RPGs and I got into 40K as a way to build my Star Wars RPG mini collection for running Star Wars Miniautres Battles back in the late 90's. I got hooked on building 40K stuff though and although I dabble with SW RPG (older d6 system) now and then, I mainly do 40K as a model building hobby, along with miniature painting in general.

I also play MTG, but focus on janky combos for multiplayer chaos (non-type II casual play only... yes, I run 4 of some restricted/banned cards in my decks).

I also tend to play Candy Land a lot.

John M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast