BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

I think a waystalker with bow of loren is being over looked, yes the waystalker can shoot twice, but what he can do with the bow of loren is shoot twice and ignore armour saves at the same time. Doesnt sound that great but combined with sniper you can force heroes out of units to hide, combine this with glade guard with trueflight or a scout unit with trueflight and its not safe for that hero to be out on their own either.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    I think a waystalker with bow of loren is being over looked, yes the waystalker can shoot twice, but what he can do with the bow of loren is shoot twice and ignore armour saves at the same time. Doesnt sound that great but combined with sniper you can force heroes out of units to hide, combine this with glade guard with trueflight or a scout unit with trueflight and its not safe for that hero to be out on their own either.
    Can also snipe out unit champions, preventing irritating challenges which stop you mashing up his rank and file with a fighty character
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I was a dedicated Wood Elf player. I've read the new book closely. My view is that they are pretty much exactly where they were before. Some of their tricks changed but the overall effectiveness of the army remains the same, i.e. poor.

Brother-Sergeant

I have much concern for my Forest Spirit army. When I get that army back I'll know for sure. I'm still in the process of moving and they are in storage

Librarian

I think we look much better than before, give a fully kitted out glade lord the enchanted shield on monstrous stag and he will be tough to ****, combine that with the helm of the hunt an Asrai spear and stick him with wild riders and you have a pretty Killy unit!

Should be picking up the book tomorrow, which is nice.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Solution9 View Post
    I have much concern for my Forest Spirit army. When I get that army back I'll know for sure. I'm still in the process of moving and they are in storage
    Not really. Dryads are slightly worse, having lost a point of S and I for a 1point reduction. Tree king are better, having lost a point of S for a 20 point reduction. Freemen are pretty much the same as they were. The ward save has gone to 6+ but is permanent now, so that's much of a muchness. I don't see them being any worse off than they were before.

Generally, I think wood elves are much better off. Sure, they are as fragile as ever, but now they hit like a ton of bricks. More importantly, their shooting is now effective. You can take glade guard to do something other than just fill out your core allowance, and with asf they will stand up reasonably well against bog standard troops.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123