BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm annoyed by the delays, but this guy pretty clearly exudes perfectionism: I wholly expect delays that are avoidable (i.e. not mistakes or stuff not on his end) are due to him being frustratingly anal, rather than any malicious intent.

Chaplain

That is my thought also. Being anal is not a very good trait to have when in a business. The game and models in the preview look awesome and I really like the idea of the game play. As it stands now only the backers have any real interest in the game because they are waiting for their rewards. If he waits much longer the game will be DOA before he even releases.

If I were a backer I would be pissed if he releases another limited model before the game.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

As a backer, yeah, it's frustrating. I conceptually know that the resources involved in resin casting and plastic casting are pretty much separate, but I'm still not a great fan of the policy.

On "DOA," yeah, Arena Rex was one that I really, really liked when it began: it has really nice minis and I thought had a creative and intuitive combat system in the beta. But, now it's like half a year late and is neither delivering a fantastic amount of minis nor is it using any unexpected processes (unless you count bases, which will still be done ahead of at least one of their resin sculptors). That game went from me being pumped and combing stat cards to see which characters I'd add when it hit retail, to interested in probably playing it once I get some dudes painted for it and probably keep it as a little side game, due to serious delays.

I have very high expectations for Kingdom Death, and every week longer it takes to make the game needs to be justified with something that much better. My anticipation at how awesome(!) everything looks has turned to annoyance. We know the minis look great. Showing more little guys is impressive, but isn't exciting nor is it delivering your product...

First-Captain

I'm sorry but I really can't see this game ever coming out, Q3 will roll around and we'll get a whole new batch of excuses.

The change to hard plastic (yes, it was a change), is purely for his own profit later on (if he releases a game and if anyone is going to buy a $250 boxed board game) and leaves backers with delays.

Every update that comes, every reopening of the pledge manager to ask for more money, makes it seem less and less likely to me that this product is coming.

I haven't backed myself, but my gaming group are in for over £1200 between them.

I wouldn't ever back this company, because I found the pin ups disgustingly sexist and don't want to give that man my money, and I'm glad I made that choice.

Chaplain

It just seems like he has no concept of marketing and scheduling a product release.

He is on the back side of the interest bubble. Also jumping the core set price up is not a great move either.

If this ever does make bit to market, I don't think the following will remain to keep it going.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12