BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Norvall View Post
    I have to say that last picture with the vehicles is a bit misleading, as the vehicle on the left has a Khorne logo sitting blatantly on the front of it.
    Chaos worship was a little different in those days. It wasn't as black and white "These people are Chaos, these are Tyranids, they are different" as it is now.

If my memory serves me, Genestealer Cults were the original Tyranids spawning (pun intended) directly from their premier in Space Hulk.

Double post
    Last edited by Julián Lara Vega; 05-06-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: double post

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Skullchewer View Post
    Chaos worship was a little different in those days. It wasn't as black and white "These people are Chaos, these are Tyranids, they are different" as it is now.
    Exactly, anyone could be chaos worshipper, you even had chaos orks...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

If memory serves they even had a Khorne army list in Ere We Go.

Battle-Brother

Here you have some rules. It doesn't include points costs, but you can figure it out. In my club, we made it into two dataslates (non-compulsory troops for IG-AM and Nids). Enjoy. [url]https://vk.com/doc4562721_190608219[/url]

There is even a recent Ciphas Cain novel where Orcs form the basis of a Genestealer Cult.

[url]http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ciaphas_Cain[/url]

In a Ciphas Cain novel, there were orc behaving oddly and were functionally a genestealer cult.

In 942.M41 Cain and the Valhallan 597th were tasked with suppressing an Ork outbreak on Nusquam Fundumentibus, a remote Ice World outside of major Warp routes, where Cain had been on a mission two standard decades earlier. While pursuing the action against the Orks, Cain discovered the presence of a Tyranid swarm that had been hibernating for millennia (likely since pre-Imperial times) in the planet's permafrost, carried over by a crashed Hive Ship. The swarm was partially awakened by the action on the planet, but the Hive Mind was destroyed before it could become fully operational, largely due to Cain's efforts

His first taste of battle was on the world of Desolatia, where the regiment had been defending against Orks, but soon they were faced with a Tyranid splinter Hive Fleet, which they held out against until an Imperial fleet arrived to pick up the Imperial forces on the planet.

[url]http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ciaphas_Cain[/url]

My first Army was Genestealer cult, so I'm kind of fond of them, although oddly I've no interest in Nids as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by TB0N3 View Post
    Here you have some rules. It doesn't include points costs, but you can figure it out. In my club, we made it into two dataslates (non-compulsory troops for IG-AM and Nids). Enjoy. [url]https://vk.com/doc4562721_190608219[/url]
    Personally I thingk An Inquisition/Tempestus/LotD styme mini Dex that can Ally with IG and Nids would the answer here.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Norvall View Post
    I have to say that last picture with the vehicles is a bit misleading, as the vehicle on the left has a Khorne logo sitting blatantly on the front of it.
    In the old White Dwarf lists, Genestealer "Clans" were straight up Genestealer/hybrid/brood brother armies, while Genestealer "Cults" were Clans that worshipped Chaos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast