BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

But to get back on topic, the casual gamer that only shows up once a month and gets stomped by the 6 riptide list, because his choice came down to plying "that guy" or waiting another month to play will be the loser.

Saw this linked on FB by BoLS and I clicked thinking it was another whine thread but have been pleasantly surprised! I am super excited about the changes as well and can't wait to see what the actual book looks like. I hope this thread is correct and TFG loses hard core. The example from the OP of the guy bringing 3 riptides to teach a new player how to play is just too sad and too common.

Brother-Captain

I've known few "TFGs" in my life (and former line of work).
    The reason that the "3 riptide" guy is stomping newbs is because no-one else will play them.
    1 guy turned up to every Vets night for months but could NEVER get a game, because people knew he was a cheat and a rules lawyer.
    These rules will have 0 effect on these guys because, unless you're being too nice to them of course, they should already be pariahs.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Wow is there a difference between the people posting replies here and the people posting comments on the front page. I know it's always like this but I don't understand why people stick to the game when they are all so freaking negative. If someone hates GW so much why don't they just move on?

Chapter-Master

Because they're invested, and they want 40k to be good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yet are pre-determined that every possible change ever made is bad. Especially when just going off rumours.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Some of the changes do sound pretty bad. And GW is not exactly known for being trustworthy in this regard.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I've always found certain elements of the community to be knee jerk in their reactions, and don't even try the stuff they slag off.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Indeed.

Nobody loses. GW are just taking the 'we don't want to place artificial restrictions on you' mantra to a logical conclusion - removing them, but offering perks for having a more organised force.

Me? More choice, more options, more variety, more fun. And yes, more money, but then precious little comes for free in this world.
    Incredibly well spoken- we have all been beholden to these force restrictions for too long. Want to field that awesome stuff you own? Well, you have to own a bunch of these troops first!

Everyone is lamenting the power that Unbound gives "that guy," but it has the potential to really open the hobby up to some creative stuff. Scoring units will still be scoring units, so fielding an army of elites won't always be great.

If somebody abuses it, DON'T PLAY WITH THEM. If GW designed this game to be jackass-proof, it wouldn't be any fun. It is up to you to ostracize players who behave like jackasses.

Chapter-Master

Ideas are worthless. Execution is everything. It's not a bad idea, it's similar to how Infinity lists work, but it could go very poorly if GW isn't careful, which they tend not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I've always found certain elements of the community to be knee jerk in their reactions, and don't even try the stuff they slag off.
    And I've found certain portions are always flowers and sunshine. Both sides are allowed to have their opinions, believe it or not.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast