BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1,500 Dark Angels, Scions and Paladin for Throne of Skulls Tourney in May

So my list is themed, but I don't want to get obliterated haha. I'd rather have fun then slaughter all with cheese.

My list is based somewhat like a recon unit calling in Close Air Support...

Dark Angels Primary

HQ- Ezekiel
    Techmarine

Troops- 8 scouts with sniper rifles and cloaks.
    10 Scouts, 5 snipers and 2 shotguns and 3 bolters (combat squad most likely)

Fast- Nephilim with Lascannon
    Nephilim with Lascannon

Allies- Militarum Tempestus

HQ- Command Squad with 3 hot shot volley guns

Troops- 6 Scions

Fast- Valkyrie with Lascannon and 2 hellstrike missiles, the one time use "battle cannon shots"

Imperial Knight attachment

Knight Paladin, the rapid fire battle cannon guy.

I feel like I have Something that can take down every potential item, FMC, Flyers, Land Raiders, hoardes. Maybe not efficiently though.

Now Ezekiel and Techmarine can be with different units to offer a 2+ save to the scouts, and a IC look out sir if needed. The scions I dropped all equipment so they are more effective with orders and the command squad becomes a firebase of 12 S4 AP3 shots at 24". With this I can cause W to any model out there and have large blasts deal with masses. We'll see how it does hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by wh14sxb; 05-09-2014 at 06:43 AM. Reason: change to troops layout

There's a lot to like about this list and it's far from the hardcore cheese which I really like.

What I think is the biggest weakness is that you're light on the troops, 30 is good, but they're light-ish-ly armoured, so if they get wiped real quick then you're gonna end up losing out on objectives. So you'll be hugging those cover saves real hard.

With this you'll want to do your best to kill off the enemy troop killers while the fliers cover your Titan.

Again, really like this list!

Well I made som eadjustments as I think it's imperative to be able to effectively take down FMC's. Not much change going on though, but check update.

Dark Angels effectively lack serious anti-MC units except for Devastators really, FMC doubly so but I think you'll do fine with the Valkyrie and Nephilim. At the very least you'll put them on the ground where your Titan can deal with them.

Brother-Sergeant

Throne of skulls you say. Ill see you there. Nice list, not full of s*#t like mine is. I went for a small model count as it is easier to deploy.

Cadre fire blade

6 fire warriors+devil fish with sms

Riptide, ion accelerator, twin linked fusion blaster, early warning override.

Broadside with early warning over ride and missile drone.
    Broadside with early warning over ride and missile drone.

Fortress of Redemption with krakstorm missiles, remote fire, and search lights.

As has been said, light on the troops. And I will be hugging cover or hiding behind my fortress.

Good luck mate. 5 days to go.
    Tau'va

Tauboss! I look forward to seeing you there! Thanks for the comments everyone.

Brother-Captain

List on the OP is pretty cheesy in my book...but then so is that trio of Riptides list (more cheese...hmmm, smells like Gouda).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Seriously you find the DA cheesy? That's upsetting. I know 3 flyers, but far from the 3 best flyers in the game...you're the only person to call cheese, and I'm trying to avoid the cheese :/

Brother-Captain

This is just my own personal opinion, so don't take it to the bank or believe that I am somehow speaking for anyone else but:

Cheese comes about when you have three different armies fighting together -- and not just three different armies, but cherry-picking some of the best of the best from them. You went near bottom for points on the DA (Ezekiel is a pretty BAMF dude on his own), got two of the fliers and gave them their best option for popping tanks and ticking down the wounds on Monsterous Creatures; recruited the new Boys-in-Blue from the Tempestus Scions (Almost surprised not to see a Taurox Prime in the list, what with its special missile system as good or better than SoB Exorcists) to get a Valkyrie and a hot-spot unit that can claim objectives for you; and then added that final piece of Gouda by taking a D-weapon totting Imperial Knight [which I am still not comfortable with knowing is a normal-game army and not Apocalypse only, etc.]

If you're going to aim for non-Cheese, then focus on taking only a detachment from a single Codex. If it's a guy that goes for three Hellturkeys with CSM? Bad as that is, at least he only took things from one codex. Now I'm not saying Allies are bad, in fact they're pretty cool, but you should never use it specifically in this manner and it should be much more fluffy.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. Feel free to fly the bird and tell me to jog on.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Katharon I appreciate your input greatly. I try to avoid WAAC lists and have a theme, as well as not bring an army my opponent goes, "What the crap is this d-baggery?" So being the gamer you are, I value your opinion on cherry picking from 3 codices.

I do have a Taurox Prime, but it didn't fit with my Recon/CAS theme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast