BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have to disagree Katharon, these aren't nearly the hardcore options that could be taken. If he wanted to cheese it up, he could've gone with standard Space Marines and tossed in a pair of Storm Talons, which are the far more impressive flyers. These units aren't really the hardest hitting, wipe you all over the board by your face type units. Unlike the Hellturkey which is highly mobile, can inflict more than a few wounds that can wipe out swathes of MEQ's and is hard to hit and kill.
    And if you haven't tried fighting the Knight in a game yet, it's really not as terrifying as you might think. I took it to a tournament recently and still lost every game. (It was blown up by one of the least cheesy Eldar lists I've seen in a while. Only army to do so that day.)

This is hardly a cheesy army in my opinion.

Brother-Captain

And I agree with that, he didn't pick the *very best* -- but my point was that when you take up three army choices, that's when things become cheesy just by default. If he has the time, money, and models to create this list then he's my hero since that means GW is likely to stay in business for longer. However, yeah, I agree, he could have picked worse.

Katharon I appreciate your input greatly. I try to avoid WAAC lists and have a theme, as well as not bring an army my opponent goes, "What the crap is this d-baggery?" So being the gamer you are, I value your opinion on cherry picking from 3 codices.

I do have a Taurox Prime, but it didn't fit with my Recon/CAS theme.
    Thanks. I know it might have sounded harsh, but it's not as if this is a judgment of just you. It's a judgment of the way 6th has gone over the past year and a half. We've seen such a huge shift in the way the army mechanics work in terms of what you bring to the game.

For the Taurox Prime, I'd suggest reading its rules in depth. It's missile system is very nice and can be a great force multiplier for Tempestus forces that lack the other heavy sections of the IG codex that normal IG armies have. Fuggly model, but meh, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

Hi guys. With my three tide list I won three, lost one and drew one.

First battle was against seven necron flyers. Vanguard strike I got first turn. Victory. Lucky with my sky fire. Fun battle
    Second battle. Iron hands. Nice balanced list. Hammer and anvil. I got first turn. Victory. My opponent rolled four ones for twin linked las cannons. He was cursed. Again fun battle
    Battle three. White scars biker list. Dawn of war. I had second turn. Lost half my army in turn on. Hung on till turn five. Unlucky in the end not to get a draw. (Kidding, I got owned) Had an ace laugh my sides were hurting. Got a fav battle vote for this one.
    Battle four. Grey knights/Tau. Three dreadkinghts drago two palidins. Riptide 6 fire warriors and buff commander. He was in my face from turn one. His dread all died by turn two. I lost one tide. He had two fire warriors left. Enjoyed the game.
    Battle five. Chaos space marine nurgle. Two squads rhino 6 obiltoraters. Two hell turkeys. Took the relic on turn two. 3-3 I the end. Ace battle again. Real sprit of the game.

loved it. Cant wait to go again. All I need is a partner for battle brother in july.
    Tau'va

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12