BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Chimera Fire points

Hi all,

recently I've started playing against the new guard codex, over all not too bad to be honest,

however one game the chap had a heavy weapons squad in a chimera and was stationary and blasting away with 3 las cannons,

When I've looked at the guard codex myself it states that 5 models can fire from the chimera and how its worded it sounds like it should be the lasguns, but can you shoot ANY weapon from the chimera or just the hull mounted lasguns?

Its not covered off by the FAQ,

what do you think?

Librarian

I'm an old hat Imperial guard player, and as far as i'm concerned it states that 5 weapons may fire from the hatch. so yes heavy weapons may be fired from the top hatch, similarly grenade launchers and melts guns etc. If it was lasguns only it would allow 6 to fire to fit with the model.

In fact due to this new ruling, chimeras look cooler with "gun hatches" where the lasguns normally are, to allow the passengers to stick any gun out of the hull.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

The troops inside a Chimera can fire any weapon that they have, just the same as those in a Rhino. Restricted as normal for vehicle movement, if it's not moving then heavy weapons can be fired without a problem.

Oh, I like that idea, lascannons in a chimera, I'll be using that.

OK, on fire points, the codex says top hatch which I assume refers to the back large hatch and not the cupola. So, if you're firing from the hot hatch, can you fire forward or does the turret block los?

Into guard? Check my blog - http://corbaniaprime.blogspot.com

Theoretically, yes, but if ANY part of the target has LOS to ANY part of the hatch, he's in the clear.

The wording which has you mixed up (it refers to passengers manning the lasgun ports on the sides) is merely fluff. What follows for gameplay purposes is that any model may fire any gun and measure from the hatch on the top of the Chimera.

well thats fair enough, looks like I'll have to find a way round that one! LOL

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Does it count as open topped if you do that?
    No, it does not.

I use the Chimera bunkers for HW teams fairly often, but that has to do with my love for Al'Rahem and his outflanking basterds.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Occuli Imperator

I have seen it used more with veteran plasma squads
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast