BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Does it count as open topped if you do that?
    Old rule that they've gotten rid of in the new codices. I think dedicated transports in DHs and maybe some of the other old codices are still subject to it, unless they've been errata'd.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Old rule that they've gotten rid of in the new codices. I think dedicated transports in DHs and maybe some of the other old codices are still subject to it, unless they've been errata'd.
    Not sure about FAQ's, but I know they have at least been addressed via IA updates.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I usually use Forgeworld Rhino rules if I'm playing Sisters or IST's, so I've never had to deal with it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Chimera has one fire point, and 5 models riding inside may fire their weapons, regardless of what weapon it is.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmm thats true about any weapon...but what about the Flamer or Heavy Flamer...?

It says...on page 29.

"Instead of rolling to hit, simply place the template so that its narrow end is touching the base of the model firing it & the rest of the template covers as many models as possible in the target unit without touching any friendly models."

so does that mean you can't fire a Flamer out of a Chimera...?

because you are firing from the hatch you would hit the Chimera & you could damage it...

I think most people make an exception for the hull of a vehicle from which a template weapon is being fired. Otherwise, if you think about it, you couldn't fire Immolator flamers or Razorback flamers, which seems pretty silly.

Brother-Sergeant

You could fire them over the Side I do belive? The immolators and Razor Backs that is. I like to keep people from firing Flammers out of transports, unless its oppen topped. Firing a Flamethrower from the back of a moving vehicle is probably NOT THE SAFEST Idea. Also if you do fire the flammer the template touches a fire point so everyone inside take a D6 hit! But since you CANT do that (hit your own models that is) you cant Fire the weapon! Its a bit of a dick move but hey.....YOUR the one bunkering up in a Chimera! Also YES the Turret blocks LOS

Quote Originally Posted by Force21 View Post
    Hmmm thats true about any weapon...but what about the Flamer or Heavy Flamer...?

It says...on page 29.

"Instead of rolling to hit, simply place the template so that its narrow end is touching the base of the model firing it & the rest of the template covers as many models as possible in the target unit without touching any friendly models."

so does that mean you can't fire a Flamer out of a Chimera...?

because you are firing from the hatch you would hit the Chimera & you could damage it...
    This is covered by the IG FAQ (actually might be in the main rulebook now that I think about it).
    Last edited by Nungunz; 12-29-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    You could fire them over the Side I do belive? The immolators and Razor Backs that is. I like to keep people from firing Flammers out of transports, unless its oppen topped. Firing a Flamethrower from the back of a moving vehicle is probably NOT THE SAFEST Idea. Also if you do fire the flammer the template touches a fire point so everyone inside take a D6 hit! But since you CANT do that (hit your own models that is) you cant Fire the weapon! Its a bit of a dick move but hey.....YOUR the one bunkering up in a Chimera! Also YES the Turret blocks LOS
    Stop digging up old threads.
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    Stop digging up old threads.
    yeah, I would just go find this thread and relive it by reading it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast