BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Excellent in-depth tutorial; now when someone asks how I do things I'll just refer them to your thread.

Thanks,

Blackadder
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Occuli Imperator

Hi praise indeed Yorkie good job!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

wonderful tutorial there Yorkie, some great advice, gratefully received
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

"What have I done..!?" :P

Thanks for following up with my request. I appreciate it.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

when do you start the scratch built Leviathan Command vehicle?
    These days, I only try to 'go small', for two reasons. Firstly, space is at somewhat of a premium in my house now (too many books and too many armies) and secondly, I'm not a fan of the super big models. I love Titans and superheavies, but in the Epic scale I grew up with. Baneblades are about as big as I like to get, although my Wraithknight and Knight are undeniably lovely.

I could follow this guide step by step and still end up with a spice rack however
    Just give it a go. Take your time, and use your steel ruler as a guide. To mangle a famous Chuck Jones quote, you've got ten thousand terrible models in you. Get them out quickly so you can start on the good ones.

Excellent in-depth tutorial; now when someone asks how I do things I'll just refer them to your thread.
    You're too kind.

Thanks for following up with my request. I appreciate it.
    You are more than welcome, dear boy.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Have you thought of doing a series on your scratch builds on a site like Instructables.com? I tried to go look at your tank thread, but evidently a bunch of other people had the same idea and photobucket isn't showing the pictures through...

I've never heard of Instructables.com. I may check it out.

Oh, and I've fixed the tank thread - the pics are all back.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 05-09-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

This is a great tutorial on basic scratch building. I've always been a little hesitant to try my hand at this, but I think I'll give it a whirl.

You both welcome and I apologize for introducing you to Instructables. I'm horribly addicted to the site. If there is something you want to know how to make, you can likely find it there. I have a long "wish list" of stuff I want to make of things I have found on there...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Yay! Replies! I can post more pics!
    In the words of Mills Lane, LET'S GET IT ON!

How To Scratchbuild a Heavy Bolter.

To do this, you will need:
    Tools - a craft knife, set square, metal rule.
    Two sheets of plasticard (one thick, one thin).
    Thanks for the great tutorial, I've always struggled with making basic shapes (like the 'box' of your heavy bolter) that are both strong and look good, and plan to apply your technique to a whole load of things, some BFG ships for starters.

What thickness plasticard sheets did you use for this? And can you recommend a good UK online source? I used to buy from the now-deceased Modelzone and my stock of sheets is now exhausted, though that's mostly because I'm very good at breaking them when I cut them...

Cheers,

James

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast