BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default The Knights of House Mortimer

Hey all,

The new Imperial Knights have lit off a spark of inspiration in me, and I’m excited to present to you my foray into dystopian chivalry!

I preordered two Imperial Knight kits originally, and then picked up a third one since my local GW store had extra. House Mortimer is one of the original Noble Houses depicted in Epic 40,000 back when Knights were first introduced.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MortimerScheme.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	7637

I built my first Knight by-the-book, exactly as it’s supposed to be built, as a Knight Errant.

Name:	KnightA-1.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	7638

My second Knight, I decided to go completely off the wall and depict him charging forward, chainsword in mid-swing, his armor heavily damaged and worn.

Name:	KnightB-1.jpg 
Views:	1089 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	7639

The third Knight will be my warlord, a Knight Baron (or Seneschal….we’ll see how ranks work out when the codex comes). I built this one, standing victorious over a dead Tyranid bioform, the pilot emerging from the cockpit hatch to survey the battlefield below.

Name:	KnightC-1.jpg 
Views:	1013 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	7640

There will of course be more work to come, so stay tuned!
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Nice work... I had to chuckle at the outrage some people had about only being able to build the knight with one pose for the legs. My own first knight model is clambering across ruined city walls... Pics in a few days.

Again, nice work!

First-Captain

WOW, this kits only been out for a very short period, and people are already producing some amazing conversions!

I really look forward to seeing more of these latter in their painted state.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Great stuff! And I can't believe that you've managed to assemble 3 of them already!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Chaplain

Looks awesome! Great dyanamic looks, and the last one tells a story so simply. Keep it going!

Veteran-Sergeant

Name:	10150753_566491513467138_2358306652497563586_n.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	9037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10258610_566491490133807_8341321181203526780_n.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	9038

The folks at Games Workshop: Blue Diamond were quite impressed with my painting (though…apparently not enough to take a steady picture :P) I’m still working on this Knights project, just been busy. I’ll have new, clear pics up soon.

Veteran-Sergeant

A few more pics here, courtesy of my phone. Since House Mortimer is one of the original Knight houses from Adeptus Titanicus (and completely omitted from the modern background because…GW reasons), I painted my Knights in a heavily worn, weathered, rusted, and generally beaten-to-hell scheme. Taking cues from the Statue of Liberty and really old statues, Civil War Ironclads, and underwater shipwrecks, I painted the armor shell almost purely as verdigris-encrusted copper, with heavy amounts of rusting both on that and on the undercarriage skeleton, which is painted as a dark silver metal.

Name:	20140526_230347.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	9079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140422_212358.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	9080

As House Mortimer is a bright yellow and purple scheme in the original pictures, I carried this over, making those paints crusted and heavily faded from 10,000 years of existence (let’s face it, a 10,000 year old war machine is never going to look brand new). I kept the Tyranid beast emblems, (hopefully) representing their preferred prey rather than their allegiance. I denoted their affiliations with the Adeptus Mechanicus via skull-and-cog emblems and a few other bits here and there.

Name:	20140526_230401.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	9081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140424_203807.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	9082