BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders question

Default Orders question

If I have an officer in a building; can he issue orders? Or is he counted as being in a vehicle and therefore unable to tell his men what to do?

The common sense side of me says he should be able to; no officer in his right mind stands out in the open when there's a bunker available and they still issue tactical orders to their men/women.
    The GW RAW side of me reads it as a 'no' since the above and GW don't sit well together.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

I guess getting a phone signal is just as much of a ball ache in the 41st Millenia.....

The rules are quite clear I think, if there was a comms relay fitted then there most certainly should not be a problem with it.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

I think that this requires a proper FAQ.

In a lot of ways buildings are "immobile" vehicles, rules wise, so you could use those.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

A unit inside a building follows all the rules for being embarked in a vehicle, so if you can issue orders while in a transport, you can issue orders while in a building.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    I guess getting a phone signal is just as much of a ball ache in the 41st Millenia.....

The rules are quite clear I think, if there was a comms relay fitted then there most certainly should not be a problem with it.
    Except the rules for Comms relays just let you re-roll reserves.

Anyway, thanks guys, looks like I was playing it right; so Gorman (yeah that Gorman) had to come out to give his orders which of course led to him dying covered in acid from an over flying Crone.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Except the rules for Comms relays just let you re-roll reserves.

Anyway, thanks guys, looks like I was playing it right; so Gorman (yeah that Gorman) had to come out to give his orders which of course led to him dying covered in acid from an over flying Crone.
    The secret to that is to put him on the battlements and buy the bunker a Void Shield from Stronghold Assault. That way he can still give orders, has good cover, and is protected against a random ignores cover attack.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    The secret to that is to put him on the battlements and buy the bunker a Void Shield from Stronghold Assault. That way he can still give orders, has good cover, and is protected against a random ignores cover attack.
    That could be a good idea; assuming points available to do it of course. More chance after 24th May I guess when troops won't matter so much. To be honest though This Dave, nobody liked the guy anyway; every time he gives an order he gets told to go forth and multiply....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    That could be a good idea; assuming points available to do it of course. More chance after 24th May I guess when troops won't matter so much. To be honest though This Dave, nobody liked the guy anyway; every time he gives an order he gets told to go forth and multiply....
    With fluid objectives with cards you can complete and get more of, its likely Troops will be just as important, if not more so.

So in general, no (unless he's on the battlements, as others have said). Easy proof: if officers could give orders from inside a vehicle, the Chimera wouldn't need a special rule saying, "An officer inside this vehicle can give orders."

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    So in general, no (unless he's on the battlements, as others have said). Easy proof: if officers could give orders from inside a vehicle, the Chimera wouldn't need a special rule saying, "An officer inside this vehicle can give orders."
    Especially as radios in the 40K universe don't seem to increase the range you can talk to someone, just apparently how loud you talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast