BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    What? What are you actually talking about? You want to cast a spell that gives asf to a unit that already has asf. aside from that being totally redundant because they already have asf, it would still be cancelled out by the asl on the great weapons. The light spell that gives I10 would be useful, but not the asl one.
    So there is descrepancy problem. Does ASF and ASL by their own definition stack together? If the two rules cancel each other out, don't they stack? The Lore of Light with Timewarp and elves with great weapons is one example where the rules stack. Now take for instance, what if Wildwood Rangers encountered an ogre kingdoms Thundertusk. The Thundertusk with its icy aura causes ASL. Would the Wildwood Rangers ASL because of the icy aura? This isn't a stupid rules question, I think it deserves some clarification.

Chapter-Master

You can't have the same rule twice. Pretty much the whole of this debate has been about whether they still have asf/asl. They do, because it's still on their profile/weapons. The effects cancel each other out, so they act as if they aren't there when they have both, but they are still there. At no point do the rules say either/both are removed, just cancelled out. So giving them either again has no effect as they still have them.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by King Chud View Post
    So there is descrepancy problem. Does ASF and ASL by their own definition stack together? If the two rules cancel each other out, don't they stack? The Lore of Light with Timewarp and elves with great weapons is one example where the rules stack. Now take for instance, what if Wildwood Rangers encountered an ogre kingdoms Thundertusk. The Thundertusk with its icy aura causes ASL. Would the Wildwood Rangers ASL because of the icy aura? This isn't a stupid rules question, I think it deserves some clarification.
    As cool as it would be, competitive High Elf players don't run Alarielle Light Councils to give their White Lions Always Strikes First. You can't have the same special rule twice unless explicitly stated otherwise, and Always Strikes First / Always Strike Last cancelling each other out does not change this. Hence, moving a Thundertusk up close to Executioners or Swordmasters for the Icy Aura would have no effect.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123