BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Dreadnought Height Project Question

Can anyone give, with as best measurement as possible, how tall a normal Dreadnought is and how tall a Contemptor Dreadnought is? I need to know asap for a project I've begun thinking of starting.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I just copy, paste, this from Forum relicnews.com
    Dreadnoughts-

Spearheading the assaults of the Space Marines, Dreadnoughts are feared by all foes of the Imperium. On the battlefield they are death incarnate, with powerful weapons blasting their foes and lethal close combat weaponry crackling with deadly energies. There are few opponents in the galaxy who can stand against such armoured savagery.

Standing three times the height of a man, Space Marine Dreadnoughts are amongst the oldest war machines fighting on the battlefields of the 41st Millennium. Some Dreadnoughts are even said to date back tens of thousands of years to the Great Crusade, when the Emperor himself walked amongst his people. The art of their construction has long since been lost, the arcane knowledge required passing into ritualised mythology, and each Chapter's Dreadnoughts are treasured relics. They are a living embodiment of the Machine God, representing the ultimate fusion of the biological and the mechanical, as each one contains a living, sentient being. The pilots encased in the shell of a Dreadnought often have memories stretching back many thousands of years, and these ancient warriors are a tangible link to their Chapter's past and heritage.

And from dakka dakka website the Contemptor is comprable in height.
    in conclusion a dread is 3x height of man, average man = 5' 6" to 6'0" dread = roughly 16'6" to 17'

hope this helps

RM

Brother-Captain

I mean the actual model...
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

A contemptor is 3 inches, un-based.
    Last edited by primeministersinister; 05-11-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Cera cito.

Brother-Captain

I think you're thinking of a regular dreadnought.

I don't have any of my dreads to hand, but this comparison pic from Forgeworld might prove helpful;

Good luck with your project!

Brother-Captain

Seeing as how I need as exact a measurement as possible, a picture is not unfortunately going to give me any details unless it also happens to have the height written down next to the model. Come on people, someone should be able to give me this little detail in less than a minute of just taking their measuring tape and measuring their dreadnought model...

Brother-Sergeant

That's what I did. 3 inches un-based for a contemptor.
    2.5 inches for a regular dread.
    Cera cito.