BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

What did you like/ not like when playing against them?
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

First-Captain

I like the variance, the fact That There are several targets to chose from. Meaning all my units are useful. Not just relegated to waiting for zoans to blow a tank. I dislike the stupid fast tanks. But am waiting for a LR to scatter within an inch of my men and die :P and watch the BA player try to wiggle out cus it was a land raider and only within an inch:P

Chaplain

So what sort of units did you face in the BA side, any of the new units i.e sanguinary guard or the death company? You said "waiting for zoans to blow a tank" does that mean you play a nid force?

First-Captain

Yes I play a nid force, well as much as i can using shop models while saving the cash and deciding on a list, He used to my knowlege, Dante, honour guard, death company, a land raider redeemer, a pred (anti troop) and 5 termies, a 4 man bikesquad with a attack bike taking it up 2 5 and an assult squad, the honour guard had jump packs and so did the assult.
    So quite a few new bits that dantes rule is annoying and for his price kinda OP but it was good in the end, I wiped out every man in his force, and he killed 33 guants a tyrgon and a HT

Chaplain

Cool, I had a nid force before uni but decided to hold off digging them out until after the BA's hit as they were my first and favourite army.

How do you think the red thirst rule fared? I'm curious haw it will affect the army since, if I remember correctly, it replaces ATSKNF which could make BA force prone to being run down.

First-Captain

well ur fearless if you have it so no being run down, also The BA player forgot about his rule so it didnt get used.

Chaplain

Ah I missed the fearless bit when I read thru the codex. I had visions of my squads being chased down in hand to hand after getting red thirst. Back in third I used to roll one for most units when testing for black rage. Stopped fielding devastators because of it in the end lol

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    Ah I missed the fearless bit when I read thru the codex. I had visions of my squads being chased down in hand to hand after getting red thirst. Back in third I used to roll one for most units when testing for black rage. Stopped fielding devastators because of it in the end lol
    Thank god there's no Rage in it, eh?
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Chaplain

Black rage had it's uses, was great for getting dc and assault squads into combat 1st turn. I seem to regularly roll a one on the first turn for my devs. Lemartes was handy for keeping them under control though

having just had a chance to read through the codex again I realised you probably meant no rage in the red thirst. I had assumed that it was there originally. I had a quick go with the codex this afternoon taking part in a 6 player 3 way combat patrol mission 200pts each with myself and one of the staffers playing Blood Angels. I'm warming to the idea of a large death company with a chaplain and some power weapons. I didn't think they would be very effective before but the 3 man squad I had today was surprisingly effective. Having ws 5 is a nice boost
    Last edited by pgarfunkle; 03-21-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Brother-Captain

Anyone else notice that the Sang Guard have Bolt Revolvers? (Drum fed rather than clips).

Random thing I noticed just now... Kinda cool.