BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    First-Captain

Default Fake Flash Player Ads on site?

I'm not sure where to post this, but I DO want people to read this post, so I appoligise if this isn't the right place for this, and this is mostly aimed at the site's mods anyway.

I've been noticing nearly everyday while on the forums now, My antivirus and Firewall are throwing up alerts warning of a fake flashplayer trying to install onto the computer.

Now I thought it might be a program on my computer, but I've used several different security programs and ALL have said my PC is clean.

I had just one website open at a time, to see which site I normally visit could be causing the problem, and I narrowed it down to just one site, this one.

It appears that one of the advertisements might have a Trojan Horse imbeded in it.

I'm wondering if this is just happening to me, or if others have started noticing this as well.

Please everybody just to be on the safe side, please make sure your computers security programs are all up to date.

To the Mod's I wish I could pinpoint what ad's it was, but these ad's change everytime the page reloads, and it makes it hard to pinpoint, sorry.
    Last edited by Darren Richardson; 05-11-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer doh!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

I get that too, and I've made sure I'm all up to date.

I raised it in the technical forum a day or two ago, and Big Red is looking into it.

It's a right pain in the arse, especially as it won't let you jump back a page, and just loads the install prompt.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I simply got rid of flash. Got fed up with all the never ending tripe.

Doing so resulted in a benefit. no more drive-by download attempts.

Chapter-Master

It does it probably once a day on the phone.
    Adblocker plus stops it on firefox, I'd imagine something like no script would as well.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

I generally use adblock, but you should turn it off on sites that you want to support.

Jim Sterling of The Escapist puts a good case in his own inimitable profanely littered style (fair warning, I know swearing does bother some people and not everyone on here is a jaded 30 something) for turning adblock off sometimes.

it can be viewed here

[url]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8854-The-Adblock-Episode[/url]

I also had the same issue with the dodgy ad on here yesterday.

Chapter-Master

I know what you mean but considering the security of the PC comes first I'll continue to Adblock.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I'm getting a lot of pop ups for flash players and the like. Antivirus is shutting them all down.

Getting a lot of pop ups to Zynga Poker on my phone as well, and only on this site
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/