BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Armybuilding video in 7th from GW

Jervis Johnson talks about armybuilding in 7th ed. with some screenshots of the new rulebook.

Amongst other bonuses a Battleforged army will recieve a reroll on the Warlord table as well as their troops gaining the Objective Secured special rule. It's the same sort of rule as Gargoyles in the Skyslasher(is the name right?) formation that always score over other scoring units unless the other scoring unit have the same rule.
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-12-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Things of note:

The video is not public, so someone leaked it.

I pauses it and read some of the rules. It appears that playing a game involves 1) both players deciding on point value 2) both players deciding what organization method will be used. So a tourney could easily state “FoC only” or “unbound only” as formats. A “friendly game” could have one player saying “um…no, make it under FoC” or “OK, you have 8 Hellturkeys I’m bringing 5 Vendettas and 3 Hydras (hail Hydras)

Unbound is sounding more and more like “mini Apocolpyse” than anything else.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

That video is straight from GW's What's New page.... I watched it there this morning.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=2697098[/url]
    Last edited by Thaldin; 05-12-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Adding link

Librarian

Yep. Really interested to see how they define 'Factions'. If it's just another word for 'Codex' or is it something broader?

I'm just game for anything me!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks