BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default That new edition itch.

How do?

So 7th Ed is up for pre-order as of Friday, which means I'm feeling the urge to do a shiny new army. Ideally one I haven't done before.

I'm thinking perhaps Blood Angels, as I've never used that Chapter before, and it's been yonks since I did an Astartes army.

Anyone else feeling the spending urge?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'll be building Grey Knights as the red-headed stepchildren from 5th edition.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Librarian

I just started Space Sharks, and don't have a fully optimized list for them yet, but otherwise I'm right there with you. I'm eager to see what looks good and what doesn't when the edition drops. If vehicles and psykers get boosts, I'll be getting a Librarian and a few Predators...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

so what do you already have/ have done?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I was already feeling the Imperial Guard urge, but I promised myself I wouldn't buy (any more) stuff until I finished painting my Eldar for the Independent Character's hobby painting challenge.

Chapter-Master

Blood Angels are awesome, but consider doing one of their successors. There are some neat chapters and neat color schemes there. I've been rocking the Knights of Blood for about a year and having a great time with 'em.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I just started guard. although 7th might have me instead revise my CSMs or alter my planned list for IGs. maybe go psyker heavy

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
    I just started guard. although 7th might have me instead revise my CSMs or alter my planned list for IGs. maybe go psyker heavy
    Between Astropaths, Weirdvane Psykers, and Primaris psykers, you can get a lot of psykers in an IG if you really want. And that's not even with allies.

Going Psyker heavy is going to depend a lot on the new rules in their entirety. If all the rumors of late are true, managing to cast anything is going to be very random and the chances for Perils far greater than before. It turns the Psyker Phase into Russian Roulette. If we are to assume that the rumor stating you get to use up to your Mastery +1 in dice per Spell, the average attempt for a Warp Charge-3 Spell fails.

Scout

After my local gaming clubs hobby challenge I will prob start a new army and thinking of blood angels.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast