BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Hard to feel good about the price hikes when GW is growing by millions every year. What have they done for me, the customer, for supporting them for 8 years?

They lied to me when Space Hulk came out. That's what they did. Now I own a copy that I felt forced to buy and now they're putting it out as an unlimited release.

Ebay here it comes, as soon as its done being pro-painted.

Scout

Your points are all clearly pointed out and they do, indeed justify why GW does the **** it does when it comes to their prices...

But at the same time, I can't help but tilt my head when the cost for a 5+ year model gets a price increase. The mold has already gone and done paid for itself by now, and the plastic/metal needed for it is still relatively cheap. I can understand newer models being more expensive, but why would you push up the cost of Necron Warriors or Adeptas Soritas (Who had their molds paid off by now)?

If anything, isn't it economically better to sell their goods at a lower cost (still enough to make a decent profit) in order to encourage consumers to purchase moer as oppose to threaten to leave?

Perhaps our fault here is our unwillingness to leave.

(I might have mis-read or miss something in the original post. If so, I apologize.)

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Auroth View Post
    Perhaps our fault here is our unwillingness to leave.
    I'm just gonna get a business degree and start selling the ****.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 03:44 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

They lied to me when Space Hulk came out. That's what they did. Now I own a copy that I felt forced to buy and now they're putting it out as an unlimited release.
    Because everything you read on the internet is true....

But at the same time, I can't help but tilt my head when the cost for a 5+ year model gets a price increase. The mold has already gone and done paid for itself by now, and the plastic/metal needed for it is still relatively cheap.
    Despite popular beilef, molds to not last forever. The more they use them, the sooner they need to be replaced. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Land Raider also got a recut recently, and with a recut comes a whole new mold

Chaplain

The U.S. Games-Workshop Website says they're a limited release and is out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by zealot View Post
    Hard to feel good about the price hikes when GW is growing by millions every year. What have they done for me, the customer, for supporting them for 8 years?

Ebay here it comes, as soon as its done being pro-painted.

who said Space Hulk was unlimited release because it is NOT before Christmas they "found some more" and this found was pull back for Retail Stores that were shipped 50 and were still sitting on 10 and 15 copies. So they pulled them back and sold them online to reduce inventory before years end

Molds do have limited Life and you are correct more use = shorter life expectancy and yes they are re-cutting a lot of plastic and reducing the dead space thus reducing packaging and shipping cost Smart move
    Last edited by TheBitzBarn; 01-11-2010 at 11:54 AM.

We can talk about price points and profit margins until we're all reaching epic proportions of text walls, but the it all comes discreptonal spending on a luxery items for me the consumer. When GW's prices reach a point where I can no longer justy buying their product I will stop buying from them (hint: they're getting razor close to that magic number)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Profits being up is a good thing, the economy needs it! I wont be complaining to muchabout any price hikes while GW is not laying off workers and is still in business while the economy recovers..
    They've been laying off workers just like any other company when times are bad. Plenty of stores were closed and the entire GW-Canada staff was merged with GW-US

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A HUGE BLUNT View Post
    We can talk about price points and profit margins until we're all reaching epic proportions of text walls, but the it all comes discreptonal spending on a luxery items for me the consumer. When GW's prices reach a point where I can no longer justy buying their product I will stop buying from them (hint: they're getting razor close to that magic number)
    Right there with you. If chimeras jump to 41.25$ and they drop the accessory sprue I think I'm done buying.

And just a hint boys: price increases in fantasy are spiking with every new army release, and they are doing it in a sneaky, by army basis. Lord and rare choices are becoming the most expensive, specials cost double what core does...and so on. Its getting to the point that a 2 boxes of 10 in a special slot will run you 41.25$ a box - you need 20+ for a solid unit - thats 82.50$ USD for 20 PLASTIC models. No thanks. That right there is beyond my price point.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast