BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Indeed. That's one of the bigger reason I kept pushing back expanding my Sisters force, aside from them being metal models and thus a pain in the *** to paint.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 04:07 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Its been eBay for me since 2002...
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

actually that "price hike" is all the economy's fault.

in europe the landraider has costed 50€ for at least 4 years.
    it going up to 55$ just represents the drop the US$ has taken and GW neither wanted to lower prices in europe nor have us buy from oversears. even though 55$ are nowhere near 50€ the big shipping and tax evens the trade out at allmost no savings if you wanted to do it.

same with the silent hike of the new models in GB itself. the pound suffered far more (not necesary because of the change in rates but because it is not protected by a hughe shipping cost and taxes).

with all the older GW products I can save an astounding 50% including shipping (and haveing no tax thanks to GB beeing part of EU). with the new "hiked" products the saveing went down to ~25-35% compared to a roughly 15% i can get from €-european webstores.

for a funny bit: gaunts even got cheaper in €-land: you now get 12 for ~20€ where you once got 16 for 30€

Chaplain

Wayland Games for me all the way. I live in Australia and when I include postage it is still 50-70% cheaper to buy through them.

Paints, Codices, Brushes, I get from GW Online, but nothing else.

Also, I am pretty sure the Space Hulk that they found were unsolde boxes from Retail Stores.

Excellent article, even if the figures may not be quite right. It is about time someone pointed out that producing and maintaining an entire hobby is not cheap.

Thebitzbarn, it is my understanding that the Memphis production centre produces models for the American market, the majority of models are still produced in the mother plant at Nottingham. Both plants have full sets of molds for the entire model range so that in the event of the catastrophic loss of one plant, it an be rebuilt and restocked with molds from the other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    Sorry but I think you are off on this one as all plastics are manufactured in Memphis and her min wage is 7.25/hour and the labor rates may be a lil high but they are averages. His work is dead on and Very correct as Land Raiders are made mostly in the US and not UK.

VERY nice Piece and VERY WELL Written A+++++++

I hope this shut some people up.

Taxes are easy to shift around and I think that is Huge reason the Memphis Facility is in the US Taxes are products are Produced here and if GW NA is a subsidiary then taxes are paid here no UK.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Thebitzbarn, it is my understanding that the Memphis production centre produces models for the American market, the majority of models are still produced in the mother plant at Nottingham. Both plants have full sets of molds for the entire model range so that in the event of the catastrophic loss of one plant, it an be rebuilt and restocked with molds from the other.
    I never thought of that, but it's a brilliant idea to have the backups done that way.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I read it in one of the GW financial reports of the past few years, back when they established the Memphis facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I never thought of that, but it's a brilliant idea to have the backups done that way.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    Wayland Games for me all the way. I live in Australia and when I include postage it is still 50-70% cheaper to buy through them.
    I prefer Maelstrom games, they may be a slight bit more expensive, but all shipping is free.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 04:06 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast