BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    But for 12 year old kids who are not smoking, drinking or playing golf, and need to use their parents' money for the hobby, it makes it a bit hard. I am guessing it is the young teens who cry most about the price hikes.

£10 a month dosnt go far

so i started to spend time painting

now i spend 2+ days on a single tactical.

and a low budget is good for painting! I've got a mate who spends £++ every time at GW but he never paints because its "too much to paint"

-Fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    A career in the Adult Film Industry awaits!
    Hmmm... Good idea...
    That's how I can afford the price increase...
    Goodbye Bols!

Chaplain

Aza, I definitely see where you are coming from. I agree that if they crank up the price by a substantial amount, then you would expect to at least get an extra sheet of transfers...

Seriously though, I can understand new product lines being a bit pricey, as there are costs to cover on the molds etc, but cranking up the price on 10 year old models is a bit rough.

All in all, this is a hobby I have chosen to participate in, and when I cannot afford more models, I spend more time on painting (Lord knows I need the practice).

When all else fails, you can turn to a life of crime to support your habit.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    £10 a month dosnt go far

so i started to spend time painting

now i spend 2+ days on a single tactical.

and a low budget is good for painting! I've got a mate who spends £++ every time at GW but he never paints because its "too much to paint"

-Fuzz
    Get him to pay you to paint his models.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chaplain

Compared to my other hobbies. I find Warhammer 40,000 a very INexpensive Hobby.

It is interesting to see that the cardboard box my Land Raider came in is worth more than the plastic used on the sprues.

I do not know how it works in the USA but as far as I was aware FLGS purchase directly from GW here in the UK so I do not think the 50-10-10 discount is appropriate. I was told FLGS get a flat 40% discount. I also doubt GW would be spending 7% on a sales rep. The main complaint I have against GW Prices is that Historical War-gaming figures are so much cheaper. So how are those companies managing to stay in business?

Overall I think Warhammer is quite a cheap hobby. Look at the cost of buying a Snowboard or a bow for Archery. Each of those would cost you about the same as a 40k Army.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 03:56 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345