BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not the best list but you could go with the following using what you have;
    Pilots
    ------

Biggs Darklighter (25)

Red Squadron Pilot (23)

Tala Squadron Pilot (16)
    Z-95 Headhunter (13), Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Tala Squadron Pilot (16)
    Z-95 Headhunter (13), Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Rebel Operative (20)
    HWK-290 (16), Blaster Turret (4)

100 Points total

Uses all your ships and you don't need any extra cards from other packs.

Cards you will want to pick up really depends on your play style.

Both Swarm Tactics (TIE Fighter or TIE Advanced) and Push the Limit (A-Wing or Imperial Aces) are essential in making some types of builds work whilst Engine Upgrade (Falcon) is another very popular upgrade that can really change how a squadron works.

I could talk about it for hours but without knowing what type of list you are wanting to fly its all a little generic. With the ships you have I would concentrate on maximizing the damage output from the X-Wings which means that either Kyle or Jan in the HWK and then Cracken in a Z-95 should support the damage nicely but the HWK is not the easiest ship to get the most out of early on as it can be isolated quite easily.

I would recommend at least 1 Y-Wing as flying that is a nice segway in to using the HWK better but the Y brings an easier play style to the table for a new player.

Kris
    Check out my ramblings at www.dicehate.blogspot.ca

Thanks!

I'm thinking that I can play the Headhunters as expendable screens or flankers and play the X-Wings as my main thrust with the HWK supporting the X-Wings. Probably arming the Headhunters with Ion Missiles and Munitions Failsafes to disable the opponent and then go for the kill with the X-Wings.

Does that give you a better idea of my thinking?

Yay! Got my first delivery today!

2 x E-Wings, 2 x TIE Phantoms.

Models look cool, and are bigger than I expected (mind was fixed on Micro Machines scale). Haven't opened them yet as I'm at work.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

You might not want to start with the hardest ship to fly... (phantom) :P

But kudos on starting X-Wing too. You won't regret it.

Oh there's more on the way! The above was an impulse buy from the other day
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

aww my phantom and defender are still pre order not shipped til 4th july lucky git

hopefully get 2 headhunters and an E next week if i can.

Quote Originally Posted by interrogator_chaplain View Post
    Also a big catalyst to the decision to go for it was seeing that Wave 5 is going to include the YT-2400, or Dash Rendar and his Outrider!! After all the Shadows of the Empire that I played growing up, that had to happen.
    It's funny how it's the EU ships that draw a lot of people in. I still replay Jedi Knight so when they brought out the Moldy Crow I suddenly didn't care about the pre-assembled, pre-painted ships, I wanted in.

Imperial Aces having an Interceptor with bloodstripes, and Wave 4 giving us the TIE defender and TIE phantom, only sweetened the deal.

And of course I'm going to have to get Rebel Aces so I can opt to have Kyle and Jan as crew members as well as pilots...

When I start my Imperial Fleet, the Imperial Aces are going to be high on that list. I didn't read many Star Wars comics, but the one I did read was Kir Kanos's origin story and it was bad ***. So I definitely need to make that happen as well.

I'm the alpha gamer in my group... while casual in nature, not everyone is going to be buying or playing X-Wing competitively. If you are in the same place as I am, you need a balanced force.
    Start with 2 Core Set Boxes. Still a great deal.
    Buy another X-Wing and 2 more Ties.
    From there, it's up to you. I try to match roles, however.
    I still love the Y-Wing (my favorite, since I was 6) and Tie Bomber.

Brother-Sergeant

I really enjoy my hwk. doesnt get too much use, but its a great support ship. love using kyle to give focus to other ships.
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12