BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

I know ADB has said before that he's a force for getting to the real meat of the story (ie. the final conflicts) sooner rather than later, so it's not like they're all sat there thinking "yaaaas, twenty-year series!"
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Adeptus Mechanicum adopting a more Art Deco style than the tired 'was pretty crap, even when it was new' steam punk style pleases me greatly!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Theyve said they have reached about 50% of the series chronologically. Of the 14 years the Heresy lasts, theyre up to year 7-8
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I would have thought 3-4 books would have sufficed for that personally.
    It did. See: "Horus Rising," "False Gods," and "Galaxy in Flames."

Those three books tell us how things began and their crescendo to Horus' conversion to Chaos. But that's not the *end*. If anything, it was the First Act of the grander play being shown.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They will never do Xenos in 30k. They say that all the time.

Ita the Horus Heresy Weekender. Its all Marines
    I'm pretty sure they said last weekender that the were looking into xenos and "IF" they did them it would be after the legions were finished. Remember, at one time FW/GW said they would "never, ever" make rules for the Heresy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I don't think so, I expect their goal is to get every legion playable as quickly as possible. maybe wolves and thousand sons need extra work, being two of the most divergent in terms of rules and/or models.
    If we think about the big picture, it makes perfect sense that TSons were pushed back...they had to rewrite the rules for the new Psyker phase in 7th.
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 05-18-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said last weekender that the were looking into xenos and "IF" they did them it would be after the legions were finished. Remember, at one time FW/GW said they would "never, ever" make rules for the Heresy.

- - - Updated - - -

If we think about the big picture, it makes perfect sense that TSons were pushed back...they had to rewrite the rules for the new Psyker phase in 7th.
    I went last year. They were asked repeatedly if the rules worked with Xenos for a grand crusade. They repeatedly said that although you could they were never going to include Xenos in the Heresy books.

Guess what they only got asked it once this year and the amswer hasnt changed.

Prospero is late because they need to do right by the four force. All the forces in the book are very unique with real challenges in rules and models.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

You mean "do it right" because the edition changed completely; changing how the focus of at least one Legion will function, thus requiring a re-write?

Again...GW stated for years they would (and I quote) "never, ever" make rules/models for the Heresy...here we are 2 years in with 5 released Primarchs and 2 more shown with rules for 12 of the 18 Legions. Never is a word GW/FW doesn't not know.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    You mean "do it right" because the edition changed completely; changing how the focus of at least one Legion will function, thus requiring a re-write?
    no, the change in edition wont effect the heresy books.

do it right in that they are a range of models and rules that are quite different to the other legions.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    no, the change in edition wont effect the heresy books.

do it right in that they are a range of models and rules that are quite different to the other legions.
    And where is this information? Nothing I've read/heard points to this.

Daemon-Prince

hmmm Custodes will just be Grey Knights on crack will they not?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast