BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    And where is this information? Nothing I've read/heard points to this.
    read what information? you don't need to have heard or read anything, it is perfectly straight forward. GW have not kept Forge world in the dark about seventh edition, they will have known what is coming for months if not a year. Space wolves and Thousand Sons are both very different to other legions, that is self evident. Sisters of Silence and Custodes are also a new element. it is obvious that these things will take time, and need care.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yup.

I'm with Kirsten on this.

Forgeworld's design office is (or at least was, circa 20102/2011) just downstairs from the Design Studio itself.

They're parts of the same company, hence a single set of financial reports.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Hell yeah FW. Keep pushing back that VIth Legion release. First, it was the fourth book scheduled for this fall. Then it was next year. Now its as many as two or three years away?

They're just now releasing models for people using Book One.

The quality of their products really make you forget just how bush league FW is.

Chapter-Master

I do not know what 'bush league' means, but they do superb work, and they release things when they are ready. there is no point demanding everything be faster, they are a small team. if your preferred legion is not going to be covered any time soon, that is unfortunate, but it is hardly a failing on the part of forge world.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, It is going to be the most exciting one I think - Thousand Sons, Space Wolves, Prospero Spire guard, Custodes, Sisters of Silence...

Its interesting how a book that's been delayed multiple times and has gone from fourth to probably one of the last HH army books to be released isn't a failing on FWs part. I suppose this one can be blamed on alien interference then?

When video games or films are delayed who gets blamed? Who makes excuses? Pretty sure its usually not the consumers.

Is it really necessary to push it back years? No. They're clearly stuck and someone decided they'd make more money if they tossed it aside in favor of cashing in on the more vanilla(cheapest/quickest to development) legions.

Is that their right as a company? Sure. Its also most assuredly their fault. Leaving me open to criticize. I apologize if that's a problem for you.

Chapter-Master

lol, of course, how dare they not adhere to your every whim. it will hardly be 'one of the last' heresy books. delayed suggests they had firm plans rather than merely trying to be helpful. it is because of things like this that Raging Heroes refuse to give a timetable for their kickstarter releases for example, because of unfair complaints. saying it is their fault suggests that they somehow owe you something, and you have a right to the product. you don't. they will release it when they are ready to release it. nobody gets blamed here because there is no blame. they have done nothing wrong. there is no 'clearly stuck' here, or making more money, or 'tossing aside' either, that is just wild, unfounded speculation.

Chaplain

I'm going off the last information given during UKGD and last years Weekender. Last year they said everything was pretty much ready for book 4 (at that time Prospro) they where just finishing up models and editing...read the leak thread from last year...it's there.

Then at UKGD they said Prospro was pushed back to "get it right"...this was before any solid rumors of 7th (which I'm sure they did knew about at that time). Seeing as TSons are the heaviest psyker Legion and the new psyker phase, we can use common sense that 7th is the reason Prospro was pushed and this filler book was introduced...considering we have not heard anything about this filler book up till now (maybe some murmurs at UKGD).

Im not seeing how anyone could believe 7th is not affecting the 30k line, considering the games are the same. Do you think that 30k will stay 6th rules? I'm not sure where you would even begin to believe this is even an option.

Edit: I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have pushed Prospro back, just the reason. FW often gives vague responses to questions so as not to reveal something they are not allowed to give out. It is very hard to answer questions about things when you know a good portion of the future plans but cannot speak on it just in case things change. I love that FW puts quality above all else.
    Last edited by hisdudeness; 05-18-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Brother-Captain

I agree with hisdudeness. Bingo.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Please stop responding to me if this is all you're going to say, Kirsten. You seem to have no idea what you're talking about. You're making excuses and trying to accuse me of entitlement when nothing that I've said here didn't come straight out of FWs various mouths.

This isn't a case of people wanting their book produced first. This is a case of people being told their book was going to be fourth for almost two years now, then being told it was going to be five or six a month or two ago, to now being told to shut up and wait maybe as long as two years.

6th edition didn't even last a full two years.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast