BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Space Marine Codex Techmarine Rule question?

Ok it said For each HQ choice in your army (not including other Techmarines, Servitors, Command Squads or Honor Guard) you may include a Techmarines.

Does this mean you can only ever have 1 Techmarine?
    would this disallow me to take a Thunderfire Cannon?
    How useful are Techmarines?
    How useful are Servitors?
    If I used Servitors with Heavy Bolters would they benefit from Imperial fist Chapter Tactics?
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Also to add I have a razorback from my Devastator Squad can I use that Razorback to transport the techmarine and his servitors at the start of the game?
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

No, it does not mean you can only have one Techmarine. You have two HQ slots in a standard FOC, after all. If they are both filled with Captains, Chapter Masters, Librarians, Chaplains or special characters, you can have two Techmarines. However, if all you have is one Captain and his Command Squad, you can only have one Techmarine; neither the Command Squad nor the Techmarine actually takes up an HQ slot.

No, it does not prevent you from taking a Thunderfire Cannon. The Techmarine crewing the cannon is chosen as part of the Thunderfire Cannon's unit, which is Heavy Support, and is not subject to the restrictions listed in the Techmarine entry in the HQ section.

Kinda useful if you want to keep your vehicles alive that little bit longer, plus they're effectively a cheap power fist. Mostly they look cool, though. Doubly so for the models with power axes, who never get any use out of them.

Servitors are dead handy if you want to use your Techmarine to repair stuff. You can even attach two Techmarines to the same unit, boosting both of their rolls for the cost of only one Servitor unit. As far as using them as gun platforms goes, though, their BS3 kinda hurts them.

Servitors do not have the Chapter Tactics special rule, and therefore cannot benefit from it.

Dedicated transports may not begin the game carrying any unit other than the unit they were bought for (and any characters you may have attached to it, subject to carrying capacity). However, they can start the game hiding behind it and then hop in at the beginning of your first turn.

Brother-Captain

If you want to take servitors for a little extra umpf for your mid-range weaponry, then giving them plasma cannons is a good way to go. And if you want to be really crazy, you can take two MotF and two Techmarines -- and have four people on the field capable of repairing hull points, busted tracks, and destroyed weapons.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

And to throw in some confusion; 7th ed at the w/end and that will up the amount of HQ's you can theoretically take so adding to the number of techmarines you can use. "Unbound" lists for the win. lol
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    And to throw in some confusion; 7th ed at the w/end and that will up the amount of HQ's you can theoretically take so adding to the number of techmarines you can use. "Unbound" lists for the win. lol
    Nothing but Techmarines...god the horror.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Consider this: a single Imperial Knight, backed up by six Masters of the Forge and six Techmarines, all attached to one unit of Servitors to boost their repair rolls to 2+. And hiding behind its legs.

If you don't knock off all its hullpoints in one go, it gets restored to "as new" every turn.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Consider this: a single Imperial Knight, backed up by six Masters of the Forge and six Techmarines, all attached to one unit of Servitors to boost their repair rolls to 2+. And hiding behind its legs.

If you don't knock off all its hullpoints in one go, it gets restored to "as new" every turn.
    As it stands now, you can't fix allied vehicles.

Trust me - as a Blood Angels 'dex player, I've got some of the only techmarines that can keep up with a Knight... but it's no dice.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Nothing but Techmarines...god the horror.
    2nd Edition says Hi!

In second Ed, a character costing, 50 or 51 points was worth no victory points. I ran into a guy
    at a tournament who had 10 techmarines with combi weapons, which were worth 0 points if you killed them.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tepogue View Post
    2nd Edition says Hi!

In second Ed, a character costing, 50 or 51 points was worth no victory points. I ran into a guy
    at a tournament who had 10 techmarines with combi weapons, which were worth 0 points if you killed them.
    Hahaha, I remember that! I did something similar with a lot of IG characters. ;P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast