BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Okay....final question. How long, and how much?

How do?

Just about set to go pick up X-Wing and get my nasty little imperial goose step on.

But as the title suggests, I have just a single question remaining, albeit one in two parts.......

How long have you been playing the game, and how much have you spent?

I ask mostly for my friends, as I'm able to, and not fussed about sinking serious moolah into a game I enjoy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

i have been playing since wave 1 so how ever long that is. i have two starter sets and one of everything else ( transport is awesome btw ) so that would be £257 (i think) so far but a lot where gifts.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Been playing since around this time last year. As for how much, it's hard to judge as chunks of it have been with stocked up store credit, but... lets see. Core set, 2 X-wings, 2 Y wings, 2 A wings, 2 Bwings, 1 TIE fighter, 1 advanced, 2 Interceptors, 1 bomber, 1 HWK, 1 shuttle, 1 falcon, 1 firespray, Imperial Aces and the Rebel transport, so... give or take ~$370 if I'd bought all of it full retail, which again I didn't so probably closer to $250

I startet just over 1 year ago. Playing once a week on average.

2x core set
    1x X-Wing
    3 Y-Wing
    2 A-Wing
    3 B-Wing
    2 HWK-290
    1 YT-1300
    1 Tie Fighter
    1 Tie Advanced
    4 Tie Interceptor (2 from Imperial Aces)
    2 Tie Bomber
    2 Firespray-31
    1 Lambda Shuttle

Don't know how much that is.

Already ordered:

1 Transport
    2 E-Wing
    6 Z-95
    2 Tie Defender
    2 Tie Phantom
    2 Rebel Aces

I just need to have everything....

First-Captain

just starting out now, in collaboration with friends so we all pay equally and use whatever we want out of the group "fund"... same model we use for board games really
    so far we're at 2x starter set, 1X, 1A, 1B, 1 TIE Fighter ,1 TIE Interceptor and 1ImpAces
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Librarian

been casually playing for a year, i have one of every ship except lambda, an extra Y that im making a Y-B, an extra advanced as i love the model and the imp aces pack.
    i dont have the big ships yet either..... dont play enough)

i have on pre order one each of the wave 4 ships also, and a sith infiltrator made from a revell pocket kit (i have stat cards and stuff made too)

Five months, and I'm quite thoroughly hooked. Today my Tantive IV arrived, meaning I now have one of every expansion released so far. Plus an extra eyeball. Now I turn my thoughts to actually making squadrons involving multiples of the same ship - or, rather, part-squadrons, since you can't get a full twelve ships in 100 points. At least you can fit in a flight of four X-Wings... that's something, I guess. Would be pretty silly if you couldn't even have a full flight.

Edit: Oh, right, what's that in monies? Uh... a bit less than £300, I think. I got some of it cheaply by pre-ordering or finding eBay auctions that somehow nobody else had noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    an extra Y that im making a Y-B
    You make Uglies? Omg pix plz!
    Last edited by Houghten; 05-20-2014 at 03:25 PM.