BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Zoanthrope. Not only is it the most top heavy fig out there if you do not pin it, it is going to come apart when it falls over. And as far as falling over it is not a question of if but when.

Librarian

Very True, the zoanthrope is a pain to build. The metal gargoyles were also deeply annoying to make, less of a problem these days with the plastic kits
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

The old metal Balrog from LotR (I use it as a demon prince) was hard to build. It needed a lot of greenstuff to fill the gaps between the bodyparts and the plastic wings.
    The Krootox had the same problems, the two halfs of the body just didn´t fit together.

Battle-Brother

I'm new, but I still haven't got the head to stick on canis wolfborns wolf. Ive wasted half a bottle of glue on that ba$tard

Battle-Brother

Demon Prince attaching the torso to the legs. I'm still struggling to get it attached good enough to be able to support the heavy upper body which of course leans forward causing a natural stress point. The join point doesn't fit tightly and there's literally nothing but air to pin the bottom half to....

I'm probably going to have to just stuff a wad of Green Stuff in there and brace the Prince into the right pose...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Unlighted View Post
    I'm probably going to have to just stuff a wad of Green Stuff in there and brace the Prince into the right pose...
    This is what I had to do, and it worked out well (although I used Super Sculpey instead of green stuff to save money). I didn't have to pin the torso. Just adding more surface for the glue to adhere to worked like a charm.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Zoanthrope. Not only is it the most top heavy fig out there if you do not pin it, it is going to come apart when it falls over. And as far as falling over it is not a question of if but when.
    I don't know if I have you beat...

but Hormagaunts. I am not talking about the plastic ones... I am talking about the 2nd Edition ones that look like Aliens from the movie 'Alien'.

1) they break right at the slot to foot joint. At that point, it is REALLLLLLLY hard to glue them to their base.

2) Wobbly Model Syndrome Rule (p. 13), I think, was written for these guys... even with weights on their bases, I still have problems with them falling over- Even on flat terrain!

Chaplain

Guess you never put together those Metal Venomthropes....

I had to not only pin them, but greenstuffed them as well! But these puppies surely are not coming apart now!!

Worst assembly was for a Tau Tigershark X-1-0. Had to file forever to get the engines to fit. If anything, this is the reson I'll have lung cancer.

I missed the " 'll " part of the last sentence. Having read it a second time made me much less worried.

Occuli Imperator

Im throwing in my two cents with "Eldar Revenant Titan." I hate putting that thing together.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234