Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
Sort of, it's not an immediate loss when your last model dies, if you have more in reserves and if you went second. In the Victory Conditions section under the header "Sudden Death Victory", "If at the end of any game turn one player has no models on the battlefield his opponent automatically wins" with units embarked in buildings counting as on the field and units in reserves, including ongoing, not counting. Game turn and player turn are still exactly the same terms as they are in 6th, which is to say if your opponent kills your last model on the table, but you successfully roll reserves to bring something in at the start of yours, you're still good...unless you went first, as the end of your opponent's Player Turn would be the end of a Game Turn. So armies aiming to table are going to want to go second.
Hrm, ok. They key thing is you can still be tabled. That is huge in so far as how it guts the notion that objectives are somehow going to balance out the possible builds. I didn't think they defined a Turn as being both player's go, but if they do that at least gives some chance to people who might not be fully deployed yet. Either way, the key question I wanted to know is answered. Blowing your opponent off the battlefield is still a win condition (one which applies immediately) and with the current builds possible, I expect that will be dominant.