BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Chapter-Master

Pp 167. If one model has infiltrate, all in the unit have Infiltrate. But Infiltrators are deployed after all other units.

Reserves, Pp 135, are declared during deployment. Ipso Facto, they are declared before Infiltrators are deployed.

IC cannot therefore confer Infiltrate onto a unit without Infiltrate at the point of deployment.
    That's how it worked in 6th, but because Infiltrate stated that it conferred to the unit people refused to believe that was how it worked because, well, it almost but not quite said that was how it worked. What does it say about an IC that has Infiltrate joining a non-Infiltrate unit?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    That's how it worked in 6th, but because Infiltrate stated that it conferred to the unit people refused to believe that was how it worked because, well, it almost but not quite said that was how it worked. What does it say about an IC that has Infiltrate joining a non-Infiltrate unit?
    Nothing, theres been no change in the wording of any of the relevant special rules, though a few have change location

edit: heres something nice, the layout of the new book is MUCH easier to read, there is considerably less jumping back and forth for the relevant rules.
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-25-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Didn't find this with search: What about ordnance and vehicles firing? Any clearing on wording if vehicles can shoot ordnance + other weapons at full BS (be that moving or stationary)?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Didn't find this with search: What about ordnance and vehicles firing? Any clearing on wording if vehicles can shoot ordnance + other weapons at full BS (be that moving or stationary)?
    they cant:

However a vehicle that fires an ordnance weapon can only make snapshots with its other weapons that turn
    page 73 bottom right
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

daboarder: Is that again on the paragraph with the "vehicle that moves" or is it clear on the context that it cannot be read any other way (i am refering to the long long arguments from the 6th ed brb)

Chapter-Master

yeah, under the heading vehicles in the shooting phase.

starts with

Unlike other units vehicles can move and fire with ordnance weapons. However, etc....(see earlier quote) A vehicle that moved at cruising speed can still snap shot ordnance weapons, but of course cannot fire any ordnance weapon that cannot be fired as a snap shot

166 "An Independent character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reserve.

Independent characters and infiltrate: An Independent character without the infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of infiltrators during deployment."

167 "Infiltrate: Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed lat, after all other units (friend or foe) have been deployed."

First-Captain

1. Do chariots have relentless?

2. Do all troops contest or do faction matter with contesting troops.

3. So a template now hit all models under it? What if it's a calling with models 2 floors down?

4. Can you now flame in transports access points?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    166 "An Independent character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reserve.

Independent characters and infiltrate: An Independent character without the infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of infiltrators during deployment."

167 "Infiltrate: Units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed lat, after all other units (friend or foe) have been deployed."
    So the loophole still exists.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So the loophole still exists.
    Nope, because you have to either join the unit as you deploy them (not infiltrate) onto the board within 2", or add them to a unit in reserves (which infiltrate is not).

You cannot infiltrate while deploying the first part of the army. You can Infiltrate after deployment, but buy that time the IC should be on the board or in reserves (or in a vehicle).

Infiltrate is not reserves, outflank is reserves.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast