BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by IronZOGZ View Post
    ] save conferred by area vs ruins?

***Also, Move Through Cover USR?
    This one basically, does area terrain still exist?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Also - Psychic stuff. Can I use as many power dice as I want when I try to cast or does my Mastery Level affect how many dice I can throw at a power? Are there modifiers that make it EASIER to cast? I heard there are modifiers to make it easier to Deny the Witch...

Chapter-Master

Also - Psychic stuff. Can I use as many power dice as I want when I try to cast or does my Mastery Level affect how many dice I can throw at a power? Are there modifiers that make it EASIER to cast? I heard there are modifiers to make it easier to Deny the Witch...
    as many as you want, nothing to make it easier. deny modifiers only work for powers that target your units, such as adimantine will giving you +1 to dispel rolls for pyschic powers that target the unit with the special rule
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So don't play unbound armies with lots of Helldrakes.
    And instead of being TFG that plays with 4 Heldrakes you get to be TFG that won't play against certain lists/people simply out of fear of losing.

Seriously have ran into this and was personally offended "Sorry I won't play you because I've already lost a lot lately"... nothing to do with my list which was fairly balanced. So instead I got to sit around the game store the next 2 hours twiddling my thumbs because everyone else was already in a game.

I sincerely believe that unless someone is an a--hole or just plain unfun to play against you should grow up and play whomever is in your local club, regardless of list because to do otherwise is immature.

That said, a lot of us don't have the luxury of only playing with a small circle of friends and rely on a wide player base for games.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    its not actually as bad as that. I admit my initial thoughts were wrong on this, but as dispel is negligble and the big powers are generally FAR more powerful psyckers are still a thing.
    For the record, I was hoping you would be right. The pessimist in me said otherwise, that they wouldn't foist this book on us with really nothing new in it but Psychic powers if people would be able to reliably Deny the Witch. Pretty much I started laughing when I saw the cards yesterday and was just waiting for the other shoe to drop (how unlikely it will be to Deny anything). The entire new "edition" if that is what we want to call it was dreamed up in the marketing department. The meeting went something like this:

Big Important Guy: "Sales dropped. Why haven't people built bigger armies and bought additional armies to use the allies and double Foci we put int?"

Brave Little Voice: "Well sir... it seems the community wants fair games. They didn't embrace double foci and just played smaller games on average. While we have some people who own several armies, it seems most people can't afford to buy wholesale into multiple armies."

Big Important Guy: "That won't do. Fix it."

Brave Little Voice: "Fix it? Umm... balance the game like they are asking?"

Big Important Guy: "Did I say that? I said fix the fact they didn't embrace double foci and larger point games. We don't care about balance. We care about sales."

Brave Little Voice: "Well Sir it is that damn fairness factor. The community just moves to correct or avoid the bloat we put out."

Big Important Guy: "Then don't give them a choice, but make it sound like you are giving them complete choice."

Brave Little Voice: "I don't understand sir?"

Big Important Guy: "Make it so everyone can use everything all the time. Put in some token crap to make it sound like care about balance, but the key thing is that effective lists will require bigger armies, more diverse armies, and break up this notion of there being a CSM player or a SM player. We just want 40K players."

Brave Little Voice: "Ummm ok. I'm sure we can do that."

Big Important Guy: And we want to release a new rulebook. None of this Faq and Errata crap. Sales are down. New rules book always bumps. Just tweak the existing rules barely to let everything in and make psychic powers let them summon more models to the table. Remember this is about more models."

Brave Little Voice: "So what year do we release this new edition?"

Big Important Guy: "What year? Haven't you been listening. I want this in three months."
    Last edited by Caitsidhe; 05-22-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Chapter-Master

HAHAHA OMG can you imagine facing an screamer star that not only has a reliable, easy to cast 2++ re-roll, but is ALSO invisible so you can only snap shot at it (thus protecting it from D-weapons)

HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    HAHAHA OMG can you imagine facing an screamer star that not only has a reliable, easy to cast 2++ re-roll, but is ALSO invisible so you can only snap shot at it (thus protecting it from D-weapons)

HAHAHA
    We wont' have to imagine it.

[quote]I sincerely believe that unless someone is an a--hole or just plain unfun to play against you should grow up and play whomever is in your local club, regardless of list because to do otherwise is immature.[quote]

That's the thing: it IS unfun to play against a WAAC three Helldrake list (or a Deathstar with seemingly endless 2+ rerollable invul saves, etc, etc). There is nothing wrong with knowing what you are looking for in a game. Games take about two hours. Who wants to donate two hours as a punching bag to some bloke's power-tourney list? "Not I," said the Duck. "Not I," said the Cat.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Difficult terrain, charging through it, dangerous terrain, save conferred by area vs ruins?

***Also, Move Through Cover USR?
    Mostly the same, Ruins 4+ cover no matter how much of the model is covered, 5 Building data sheets

MTC is extra D6 and ignore dangerous terrain on the charge you can roll 3 d6 and choose highest

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Acaelus View Post
    Mostly the same, Ruins 4+ cover no matter how much of the model is covered, 5 Building data sheets

MTC is extra D6 and ignore dangerous terrain on the charge you can roll 3 d6 and choose highest
    huh? 3d6 pick the highest? but difficult terrain is only -2 to distance right? does MTC ignore that?

what im asking is, does a unit with move through cover not only ignore the -2 to charge but ALSO roll 3D6 when it charges through terrain?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast