BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Quote Originally Posted by IronZOGZ View Post
    Please clarify. If this is true I'll stop complaining immediately. Jesus give me something against those ****ers.
    I said it appears from what is stated on 3++ that Fliers can no longer fire at ground targets except for Snap Shots. I say it "appears" because I don't have the book yet myself and I'm only going by what I read there in a brief answer. If so, a Faq would be required to allow the Helldrake to fire its Baleflamer at the ground. Don't get too excited. They will probably Faq it, or the Helldrakes will just drop to Hover as there is no reason not to have a swarm of them now.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Your going to hate invisible blobs then mystery.

they only get snap shoted against

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I said it appears from what is stated on 3++ that Fliers can no longer fire at ground targets except for Snap Shots. I say it "appears" because I don't have the book yet myself and I'm only going by what I read there in a brief answer. If so, a Faq would be required to allow the Helldrake to fire its Baleflamer at the ground. Don't get too excited. They will probably Faq it, or the Helldrakes will just drop to Hover as there is no reason not to have a swarm of them now.
    Kirby just posted on the second page of comments that fliers can choose. so no hovering required
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    pretty sure fliers still get to CHOOSE to have skyfire, they dont get stuck with it.

EDIT: kirby clarified, skyfire is optional for fliers
    Ah... didn't see the clarification, only read the first bit. So yes... Helldrakes still hoover up everything but Terminators. And now a Battleforged Army (not even Unbound) can have a LOT of them. Fun, fun, fun.

Will just have to do my damnedest to make sure I nullify that power then
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Ah... didn't see the clarification, only read the first bit. So yes... Helldrakes still hoover up everything but Terminators. And now a Battleforged Army (not even Unbound) can have a LOT of them. Fun, fun, fun.
    So don't play unbound armies with lots of Helldrakes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Please clarify. If this is true I'll stop complaining immediately. Jesus give me something against those ****ers.

****Edit****

You answered before I posted my question.

Wait though... I thought fliers got to choose if they have Skyfire or not? Can we get clarification from the person holding the book?
    Fliers can chose sky fire in the shooting phase

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Will just have to do my damnedest to make sure I nullify that power then
    good luck, your going to need it. (and I mean that honestly, that one is scary rough)

Quote Originally Posted by Acaelus View Post
    Sorry acaelus, kirby beat you to it, but thank you anyway
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acaelus View Post
    Ugh. For about 30 seconds I had hope. Nevermind. GW didn't fix anything. Just took away my psychic (Eldar player) so I actually have fewer weapons to deal with the ****ing turkey. Awesome.

Fiddling with things I see one could easily take a cheap Sorcerer and two Cultist units and three Helldrakes per Detachment. This could be done twice for six Helldrakes without breaking a sweat and still remain Battle Forged. It even leaves some points for upgrades and Obliterators if you want them. *1850 of course.

Chapter-Master

Ugh. For about 30 seconds I had hope. Nevermind. GW didn't fix anything. Just took away my psychic (Eldar player) so I actually have fewer weapons to deal with the ****ing turkey. Awesome.
    Dont worry, eldar will be fine, just run dual seerstars, or mass invis, or a revenant

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast