BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Agreed, it would be preferable.

4+ save or a 4+ cover safe specifically?
    Must Choose to Jink before rolls to hit, Then 4+ cover save untill next turn with Snap shot

Oops yeah missed the 'cover' in his comment lol. Marginally better but still useless against armies like IG. Thanks Acaelus.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Eldargal and Defenestratus pointed out exactly why Ignores Cover needed some modification. At least Stupidbelt Commander can't ally with the Marines now.

Sadly, with the reliability of psychic utterly trashed by the adjustments to casting, it doesn't look like my units will have much cover anyway (loving that coin toss for a Warlock to get Shrouding off... not).

I'm concerned about Force appearing to be its own discipline because then units with 1 WC (GK) will have to choose Force or Hammerhand... and they have to write a 40 page FAQ for GK anway.

*** EDIT

Thanks for that Acaelus! Looks good on the Force stuff. Hope they let my GK troops keep Hammerhand stock! +2 Strength now... not that they'll successfully cast it more than once per game...
    Last edited by IronZOGZ; 05-22-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Oops yeah missed the 'cover' in his comment lol. Marginally better but still useless against armies like IG. Thanks Acaelus.
    Useless against lots of armies now. Hell ignoring cover is a power in Divination which will be all the rave. Cover, for the most part, might as well not exist. I haven't gotten to make a cover save all that often anymore myself. Apparently supercharged Invulnerability saves are all that matter.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by IronZOGZ View Post
    Eldargal and Defenestratus pointed out exactly why Ignores Cover needed some modification. At least Stupidbelt Commander can't ally with the Marines now.

Sadly, with the reliability of psychic utterly trashed by the adjustments to casting, it doesn't look like my units will have much cover anyway (loving that coin toss for a Warlock to get Shrouding off... not).
    its not actually as bad as that. I admit my initial thoughts were wrong on this, but as dispel is negligble and the big powers are generally FAR more powerful psyckers are still a thing.

Sure your not casting lots of little buffs, but you will very reliably be doing things like summoning new units, forcing opponents to snap shot at your units, boosting your invul saves, etc...
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

My Dark Reapers have a Farseer with Perfect Timing (the Ignores Cover power) hooked up to them from time to time... It's good but it's just luck if you get it or not.

Unlike Tau, I don't get to just point some flashlights at the bad guys or pay-to-win with a Stupidbelt Commander.

Now that I won't cast any powers reliably, guess it's just more glorious randomness!

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Useless against lots of armies now. Hell ignoring cover is a power in Divination which will be all the rave. Cover, for the most part, might as well not exist. I haven't gotten to make a cover save all that often anymore myself. Apparently supercharged Invulnerability saves are all that matter.
    You can mitigate the effect by using a lot more tall, LoS blocking terrain to hide behind in lieu of cover saves, but it isn't ideal. Might actually see if my group wants to houserule ignore cover to be -2 instead.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

acaelus can we get some of the details on how area terrain now works, heard a bit of conflict on that
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    acaelus can we get some of the details on how area terrain now works, heard a bit of conflict on that
    Lots of Rules regarding Terrain, Anything in specific?

Difficult terrain, charging through it, dangerous terrain, save conferred by area vs ruins?

***Also, Move Through Cover USR?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast