BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    huh? 3d6 pick the highest? but difficult terrain is only -2 to distance right? does MTC ignore that?

what im asking is, does a unit with move through cover not only ignore the -2 to charge but ALSO roll 3D6 when it charges through terrain?
    A unit that has MTC rolls an extra d6 when rolling to move through Difficult terrain and is not slowed when charging through difficult terrain, in most cases this means that when moving a unit rolls 3d6 and picks the highest roll, Also MTC auto pass Dangerous terrain tests

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

ok cool cheers

Oh and drop pods guys, they are incontestable scoring....HAHAHA so stupid
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

That's the thing: it IS unfun to play against a WAAC three Helldrake list (or a Deathstar with seemingly endless 2+ rerollable invul saves, etc, etc). There is nothing wrong with knowing what you are looking for in a game. Games take about two hours. Who wants to donate two hours as a punching bag to some bloke's power-tourney list? "Not I," said the Duck. "Not I," said the Cat.[/COLOR]
    That is part of the problem (that Games Workshop created) Kerstan. A three Helldrake list isn't WAAC. Win at all costs is a person who cheats. Someone who builds lists within the rules framework is just playing the game. It only feels awful and horrible to you, just as it does to me when I run into lists I can't handle at all. There is no baseline. There is no balance. Thus everything is subjective. It is the worst game design ever created.

And we are just getting started....

With the floodgates just opened, you will look back with great fondness on the days when the worst thing you had to worry about was a trio of Helldrakes. The new rules, even those following this bare wisp of Force Organization, make the power combinations of the past look like Fluff armies. If you think I'm engaging in hyperbole, you got another thing coming. If anything, I'm understating it. The new Psychic Powers combined with the new Force Organization (which is a joke) means that the crap that was kicking your butt just got better at it... but wait... there is more!

I apologize for the enthusiasm, but I assure you that this is a nightmare. How can pick up games be handled when each and every person will have to magically know what is fair and what is not? You will be stuck playing only with people you know well and have carefully worked out parameters with. Event organizers have a nightmare scenario of having to either ignore the new edition entirely or just give up on trying to make anything fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    And instead of being TFG that plays with 4 Heldrakes you get to be TFG that won't play against certain lists/people simply out of fear of losing.

Seriously have ran into this and was personally offended "Sorry I won't play you because I've already lost a lot lately"... nothing to do with my list which was fairly balanced. So instead I got to sit around the game store the next 2 hours twiddling my thumbs because everyone else was already in a game.

I sincerely believe that unless someone is an a--hole or just plain unfun to play against you should grow up and play whomever is in your local club, regardless of list because to do otherwise is immature.

That said, a lot of us don't have the luxury of only playing with a small circle of friends and rely on a wide player base for games.
    Sure. But if you don't like playing a list with, say, 6 Helldrakes or something then don't, that's all I am saying. You have the power not to have to play lists if you don't think you will enjoy it, no one can force you. Given teh choice between alienating yourself from teh hobby playing games that are no fun and not doing that I would go with not doing that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

so belakor is now a boss, and auto-knows invis.....

screamer star just broke the game
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Really? I hadn't gotten that far yet. Yeah... wow.

Chapter-Master

And now that terrify doesn't take away fearless, you can't make them run off the board like before
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

On a good note, 3++ has corrected itself on a misread. You do, at least, get your Psychic ML every turn so those attempting to Deny do get those bonus dice from their ML. Not that this helps that much because given the power of some of these Disciplines you can't afford to ever have them go off. I'm not sure how any of us can afford to keep up with the Psychic Jones.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    On a good note, 3++ has corrected itself on a misread. You do, at least, get your Psychic ML every turn so those attempting to Deny do get those bonus dice from their ML. Not that this helps that much because given the power of some of these Disciplines you can't afford to ever have them go off. I'm not sure how any of us can afford to keep up with the Psychic Jones.
    oh ok thats something. so at least other daemon/greyknight armies can stand up to the invisible deathstars. The rest of us are still probably borked though, as they have an insane number of dice to throw at those 2 spells (they only need 4 WCs max)

When attempting to cast spells, I know I get as many dice as I want [not yet confirmed by Acaelus though] but is what I can cast limited by my Mastery Level? Like, can a Level 1 Psyker cast a WC3 spell?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast