BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Brother-Captain

Maybe it's me, with my themed armies and casual pickup games and all, but what i'm seeing here is no big change.
    Things are much as they were back when I started in 2nd Ed.
    Get your toys, play your games, have a giggle, go home.
    I've never once been to play at a GW or club (UK or AU) and the only people who wanted to play there rocked up and said
    "Hey, want a game? I've just finished fine-tuning my high powered tourney list!"
    It mostly been more like
    "Hey, I've just finished my (insert thing from the background/a novel/codex fluff etc here) stuff and I want to try it out. Game on?"
    Is there some secret rule that gaming clubs in the US have to drive all their players to play like every day is a tourney?
    Serious question here, because I have literally NEVER seen a Screamer Star or a Taudar list at a normal workshop games night, I had to look them up online to find out what they were!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    and the turn AFTER they have flat outed? they are sitting in the breeze doing nothing
    Well that is the point... after moving flat out, during the opponents turn, their raiders are more likely to survive the shooting with a 3+ save (instead of the old 4+ save).
    And when it's their turn (if they survived), they move, disembark, assault and rip **** apart

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I believe he is commenting on the fact that Ignore Cover still ignores cover and thus there is no improvement there. Going flat out means you aren't assaulting because unless that is a change not commented on, you can't go more than 6" and still disembark. If they changed that, it would be a huge rules alteration.
    As you said - there is no improvement with "Ignore cover", but it's not worse either.. I was just trying to explain that his claim (not being able to play DE in this edition) didn't make sense. If anything, i believe they got somewhat better in 6.5 than they were in 6th..
    And no, i wasn't talking about assaulting after moving flat out (that would be ridiculously stupid good btw ) but wanted to address the main problem of CC oriented DE armies which is not being able to get into CC before their transports get shot down. With the new jink they are more survivable and more likely to get into assault range before their raiders drop.
    On the other hand, if he's playing shooty vehicle spam and doesn't want to jink, there are always good old Flickerfields which provide an always active 5++, the equivalent of the precious jink in 6th ed.
    I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything... I just believe that everybody should first read the complete new edition through, check the FAQs when they come out and then play a few games before complaining and giving up on your favourite army
    Last edited by Hal; 05-22-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Speaking of assault - I saw that the Move Through Cover USR was updated to help with charging, but what does charging through terrain look like if you dont have Move Through Cover?

Brother-Sergeant

Normal assault range is 2d6.. Through difficult terrain it's 2d6 - 2". Move through cover ignores the -2" penalty.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    Maybe it's me, with my themed armies and casual pickup games and all, but what i'm seeing here is no big change.
    I've never once been to play at a GW or club (UK or AU) and the only people who wanted to play there rocked up and said
    "Hey, want a game? I've just finished fine-tuning my high powered tourney list!"
    It mostly been more like
    "Hey, I've just finished my (insert thing from the background/a novel/codex fluff etc here) stuff and I want to try it out. Game on?"
    Is there some secret rule that gaming clubs in the US have to drive all their players to play like every day is a tourney?
    Serious question here, because I have literally NEVER seen a Screamer Star or a Taudar list at a normal workshop games night, I had to look them up online to find out what they were!
    This is hugely funny... and demonstrates how a vocal tourney scene with a sense of entitlement is also part of the problem...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Daemon-Prince

Any new easier way to gain skyfire for models or ways to hit the buzzing buggers?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Well that is the point... after moving flat out, during the opponents turn, their raiders are more likely to survive the shooting with a 3+ save (instead of the old 4+ save).
    And when it's their turn (if they survived), they move, disembark, assault and rip **** apart
    oh right open topped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    It mostly been more like

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    This is hugely funny... and demonstrates how a vocal tourney scene with a sense of entitlement is also part of the problem...

So guys, what are you going to do when a daemons lists rolls cursed earth and Invisibilllity?

Declare that they are just a WAAC player and quit the game?

Demand that they dont use those powers?

Or demand that they dont intelligently apply those powers?
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-22-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

So does this mean it is a good idea to invest in a Librarian over a 3rd sicarian battle tank.....?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    So does this mean it is a good idea to invest in a Librarian over a 3rd sicarian battle tank.....?
    depends.

he wont help your denial rolls because Invisibillity is a blessing (so you can only deny on a 6) but it will mean you at least get more dice to throw at the attempt

Im not kidding when I say invis may actually be straight broken, both its low warp charge (2) its ready availability and the fact that its so obvious to use mean that its going to cause problems
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-22-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    depends.

he wont help your denial rolls because Invisibillity is a blessing (so you can only deny on a 6) but it will mean you at least get more dice to throw at the attempt

Im not kidding when I say invis may actually be straight broken, both its low warp charge (2) its ready availability and the fact that its so obvious to use mean that its going to cause problems

.....wow so

Legion Consul Librarian 155 (that as you can say cast some crazy stuff...and hide with terminators....)
    Force sword,mastery 3,Artificer Armor,Refractor Shield

OR

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank 155
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons

God in the old days i would go "Tank any day" but after reading this mr.librarian seems like a safe investment for a huge payout even compared to a giant autocannon on treads..... I mean Making a squad of seige terminators that deepstrike and have +1 to tank damage with missile launchers........and power fists gain invisible.....Dear god.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast