BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

Quote Originally Posted by IronZOGZ View Post
    Apologies - I wasn't clear. I meant those rules are horrible and should be adjusted to the rumoured -2 to BS for Snap Shots and -2 to cover saves for Ignores Cover rather than... flat out ignoring cover. I would like to lose slightly less to Helldrakes...
    You probably still might lose less to them. Unless they Faq it otherwise, Helldrakes have to drop into hover to fire their weapon now.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Cast invis then, because Vector strike got buffed to AP2 and you need 7s on a pen to pop a heldrake now

Quote Originally Posted by caitsidhe View Post
    you probably still might lose less to them. Unless they faq it otherwise, helldrakes have to drop into hover to fire their weapon now.
    WHAT?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I think that would be a bad change to snap shots, changing Ignores cover like that wouldn't be so bad though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Completely unchanged
    Seems like all they did with this "edition" was make psychic a really big ... bad... deal. Looking forward to never getting off a power again but otherwise everything wrong with the game stays wrong.

Chapter-Master

Seems like all they did with this "edition" was make psychic a really big ... bad... deal. Looking forward to never getting off a power again but otherwise everything wrong with the game stays wrong.
    that is pretty much all they did, if you havent heard then odds are the rest is unchanged

oh and ATSKNF no longer give the 3' free movement
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Cast invis then, because Vector strike got buffed to AP2 and you need 7s on a pen to pop a heldrake now

WHAT?
    It appears that Fliers can't fire at Ground Targets except Snapshots. Since a Template cannot fire as a Snapshot, it means no Baleflamer unless they go to Hover unless the Faq they release (quickly I hope) says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    You probably still might lose less to them. Unless they Faq it otherwise, Helldrakes have to drop into hover to fire their weapon now.
    Please clarify. If this is true I'll stop complaining immediately. Jesus give me something against those ****ers.

****Edit****

You answered before I posted my question.

Wait though... I thought fliers got to choose if they have Skyfire or not? Can we get clarification from the person holding the book?
    Last edited by IronZOGZ; 05-22-2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Query was answered before post

+1 to what Mr. Mystery said. But we're grateful you proved you have it after that bull**** on Faeit.

So - glutton for punishment - will you confirm that Ignores Cover and Snap Shots are unchanged? It will really break my heart if GW didn't fix those...
    Yeah I thought it best to prove i have the book to avoid yesterdays situation.

Ignore cover still means no cover saves allowed :P. Snap Shot BS1 unless BS0

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    It appears that Fliers can't fire at Ground Targets except Snapshots. Since a Template cannot fire as a Snapshot, it means no Baleflamer unless they go to Hover unless the Faq they release (quickly I hope) says otherwise.
    pretty sure fliers still get to CHOOSE to have skyfire, they dont get stuck with it.

EDIT: kirby clarified, skyfire is optional for fliers

I dunno.

Ignores Cover works about right in my mind. After all, let's consider the really sneaky, pain in the bum cover cover units. Most times cover is just an alternate 5+ or 4+ save for your troops. Nice enough, but not exactly that difficult for your opponent to deal with. But start dropping in Stealth and that other one the name of which I can never remember, and suddenly you're troops are harder to drop than a Terminator, because at least with a Terminator I can fire a lascannon at them, reducing their save somewhat. And the horrendous cover save can be applied to otherwise lightly armoured horde units. Ignores Cover weapons are the balance to that. They let your opponent deal more effectively against dug in units, on account that's what they're for.

The whole -2 to cover thing would just make big blobs all stealthed up nigh on impossible to deal with.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast