BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: 7th ed in hand

I think I prefer the designated area terrain rules.

Yes they can be a pain if the piece doesn't have an easily defined perimeter, but that's fairly easily rectified wit a bit of work on existing terrain.

The upside is that as the perimeter of defence (doyouseewhatIdidthere?) should prevent 'yes he is, no he isn't' pantomime arguments mid-game.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Just read up on infiltrate....

IC issue has been sorted. Pp166. An IC without Infiltrate cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment. Clear, concise.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

damn, just created a libby on bike to go with my scouts in a 750 p champagin'

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Just read up on infiltrate....

IC issue has been sorted. Pp166. An IC without Infiltrate cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment. Clear, concise.
    except
    1) that was never the issue, the question was can an IC with infiltrate give it to a unit without infiltrate.
    and
    2) that was worded the same in 6th
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

For other rules questions from 6th, I've started a thread in 40k Rules to see whether they have been answered or not.

I'm not up on the rules questions myself, so it's down to everyone else to list the question, and check their book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    except
    1) that was never the issue, the question was can an IC with infiltrate give it to a unit without infiltrate.
    and
    2) that was worded the same in 6th
    Pp 167. If one model has infiltrate, all in the unit have Infiltrate. But Infiltrators are deployed after all other units.

Reserves, Pp 135, are declared during deployment. Ipso Facto, they are declared before Infiltrators are deployed.

IC cannot therefore confer Infiltrate onto a unit without Infiltrate at the point of deployment.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Throne Agent View Post
    When people are talking about Allying with your own Faction, they mean taking a second Detachment of the same Faction, not an Allied Detachment, can anyone confirm if you're restricted to just one Detachment?
    Ah I see. When talking about detachments the book refers to "Your Primary detachment" Which I thought meant you could only have 1. However, I was misinterpreting it.
    You can have any number of combined arms and allied detachments. I think you pretty much have to take at least 1 combined arms detachment, since your warlord can't come from allied detachments. But I guess if you're using an inquisitor you could take all allied detachments.

I think we will be sticking to the old way of 1 combined arms and 1 allied, just to avoid confusion.

So, I could take a primary detachment of, say, wolves and then put an inquisitor at the front of every unit (1 combined arms, half a dozen inquisitor allied detachments)?

Veteran-Sergeant

That is what it looks like to me. Should probably wait until the more detailed oriented players read everything and give their say though =)

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoro View Post
    So, I could take a primary detachment of, say, wolves and then put an inquisitor at the front of every unit (1 combined arms, half a dozen inquisitor allied detachments)?
    If you took a troop squad...most likely.

But on a more fun note...

Everyone check out the Typhon Siege tank! 40k's new "$#(@ you cover" mobile!!!! (No really this thing is BEAST NOW!)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

All my troops choices would be in the space wolves detachment. I'd have several codex inquisition detachments, but each one would only have one inquisitor and nothing else.

Each would attach to a space wolves pack and ride their transports, each would be a ML1 psyker, and would give the squad, say, psychotroke and rad grenades.

I don't think i'd ever do it, it seems unfluffy and cheesy. But I could, right?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast