BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Face

Angry The Face

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 04:05 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

I've not had that happen to me, I really don't care about losing so long as the game is fun. I don't lose often though, maybe if I did I would mind more.

Chaplain

I've been there. I do my best to maintain a smile. I tend to start talking alot at that point. Complimenting there tactics or what apparently went well in their favour. Anything to keep from saying whats really going through my mind.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    The Face........

The esteemed Mr. Johnson talks about what he calls "The Face" in WD this month.

A state of mind you enter when your gonna lose and know it, and although you don't want to be that "Sore Looser" you just cant seem to help yourself.

Discuss.
    Ah yes, the face. I know it well, usually happens to me when I roll a series of 1s and 2s for my TH/SS termie saves and I know that the daemon prince they've just failed to kill will be eating my tactical squads in a turns time!
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Brother-Captain

Depends on the game really. If its at the store and I have an audience and the game is looking like a sure lose, unsalvagable, I tend to take an 'over the top' approach: Weeping over every set of one's my vet meltas seem to roll, and moaning every stunned and shaken result on my opponents vehicles, building up to a 'why God why?' on my knees.

If its a tounry I become a bit more stoic, but trying to maintain a 'good sport' attitude.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

If it all goes horribly wrong, I tend to submit. Shake the other persons hand and walk away. If I think I have a chance I tend to grimace a lot at each casualty.

I've work with directors, you learn to smile when all you really want to do is introduce them to a red hot poker.

Occuli Imperator

I can honestly say that I know I suffer from the face... Sometimes when I see a game going down the pipes I start sitting down a lot and saying things like "Really?"

If Im playing a friend I usually just try to make jokes and laugh through the pain. IF it isn't against a friend then I shamefully start 'paying more attention,' and allow less 'oops type stuff' from my opponent. Yes, Im not perfect and could improve that whole aspect.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Librarian

Angry

I think it's human nature to thave " The Face " when defeated. All you can do is smile and accept while secretly condeming their souls to the underworld...or a chris de burgh concert. Which ever you belive is worse.

"The Face" usually affects me when the opponent starts being condescending. We're not stupid. If you beat me, just beat me and win. Don't sit there and try and sugarcoat it in an effort to get good sportsmanship points. You're not that good an actor, and I'm not stupid enough not to see through it. But yeah, it's happened to me.

Librarian

I'm sorry, but i'm a Nurgle follower. If you can see my face, you're already dead :P

On a more serious note, I like the mild RP. Take a jovial smile, laugh at your Nurgle terminator champions last two game turns in combat against a big scary Combat-Fex... laugh at seven ones being rolled as you charge that unit of gaunts that just re-entered Without Number.
    You are a gamer with his toys. Act like it, dammit!

If it's the face of the opponent? Again, you're a Chaos player. And all chaos players know that bad opponents go to The Warp.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast