BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Teach Me How to Daemon

I've decided that with the new psychic phase rules, the only thing left for me to do is to revolutionize the world. By which I mean trade my Eldar in for Daemons and dominate the psychic phase with absurd summoning and death spells.

What can you tell me about Codex: Chaos Daemons? How does it work? What's good? What's bad? With a particular emphasis on the servants of Tzeentch, of course, but I do want to learn about everything.

Also, I have first attempt at a 1.5k list. Help me check my instincts - is this any good? Am I getting the hang of this codex?

HQ
    • Lord of Change w/Greater Reward, ML 3
    • Herald of Tzeentch on a Disk w/Lesser Reward, ML 3
    • Herald of Tzeentch w/Greater Reward, ML 3

Troops
    • 10 Pink Horrors w/Blasted Standard
    • 10 Pink Horrors w/Blasted Standard

Fast Attack
    • 6 Screamers of Tzeentch

Heavy Support
    • Daemon Prince w/Daemon of Tzeentch, Daemonic Flight, Greater Reward, ML 3, Warp-Forged Armor
    • Daemon Prince w/Daemon of Tzeentch, Daemonic Flight, Greater Reward, ML 3, Warp-Forged Armor
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Daemon-Prince

-Heralds are worthless as they get shot in the face the second they do anything...take two greater demons and enjoy the lawlz.
    -Soulgrinders give people a bad day, Demon princes tend to get 1 shoted since they are only T5....
    -Flesh Hounds own the fast attack slot.
    -Demonettes are the most annoying. OP troops in the game...USE THEM!
    -Best Hq choices for cheap are a Lord of Change,Belakor or Bloodthirster.

Other then that enjoy!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Hrm... so if what I want to do is try to put lots of Mastery Levels on the board so I can do lots of summoning, what's the best way to get them? Maybe go more heavily into lords of change and only one herald, who I can have join something tough that can protect him, or put on a chariot? Only one Daemon prince?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Hrm... so if what I want to do is try to put lots of Mastery Levels on the board so I can do lots of summoning, what's the best way to get them? Maybe go more heavily into lords of change and only one herald, who I can have join something tough that can protect him, or put on a chariot? Only one Daemon prince?
    Heralds, your doing fine, they hide in the units and make more heralds and horrors, you wont be miscasting with them and they wont be getting drastically shot out form under you in a turn.

flesh hounds are worth recommending, especially when you can throw invis on them at will (you can)

swap your LoC to fateweaver, hes a good battery and its pretty much impossible to ever actually ground him now (he needs to fail his saves)
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-22-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

You didn't mention it, but I assume that you'd agree that I shouldn't invest as heavily in Daemon princes? Could one be worth it? Or are they just losers?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

You didn't mention it, but I assume that you'd agree that I shouldn't invest as heavily in Daemon princes? Could one be worth it? Or are they just losers?
    I think they are fine really. your not overly invested in them. and they fill a role in the list. furthermore you can happily use them to smash ground units while they feed warp charge to your other psykers.

do consider using belakor from CSM as an ally (preventing him form stealing warlord form FW) though as he is stupid good this edition.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Demon Princes with T5 are just to squishy (at least in my meta...) The soulgrinder of nurgle with its lovely cover save + Giant Template of doom on the other hand is a much cheaper, more reliable source of damage.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Sergeant

Since your attempting to summon lots more guys take a look at the blue scribes.
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kharne690 View Post
    Since your attempting to summon lots more guys take a look at the blue scribes.
    Yeah… I've got to look into those dudes.

Brother-Sergeant

Also giving a Herald on disc a portaglyph running him forward then throwing it behind terrain. And giving LOC and prince's the lesser reward staff that turns guys into spawn.
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast